BT HH3 Blanking channels and server issues

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,614 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• After much annoyance and thinking I was under ddos attack ! My setup is all wireless ,

Over the last few weeks my issues have got progressively worse especially at peak time and any speed test ive done was good on my pc wired, ive had peers connect and disconnect in bunches struggled to access oscam webif blanking on my box ,when I could see in the webif peers that were on were still getting good ecm times ,even during the froch groves fight however it was a mix even as far as half my oscam page loading only , this has been a right pain to pin down trying to get the ip of an attack etc ,nothing made sense apart form someone bored and d dossing me when off work and in the house .

Bt has sent out updates to the home hub 3 mine updated 8/11/13 seems to have put routers back to the default on the wifi hence issues at peak times and getting worse as more were updating (smart wireless setting isn't that good I had to set mine to a channel ages ago) I feel this might be worth the point out as there has been a few posts mentioning blanking channels apart from the known rte2 that is an issue ,so if your on bt and use wifi on a box/server you may suffer the same issues

Hope this help someone else out

• Are you sure that one of your neighbours has not been helping themselves to your connection.

I was clash buddy this is a new build and were all bt ,i had to change channel ages ago for the same reasons before i got involved is cs and its never passed my mind since as ive had a great connection ,my hub is secure and the bt fon i had deactivated to stop it being used as a wifi hotspot something they do as default ,with it being intermittent it was hard to pin point but has been stable now since i got a nice channel think the last time i swapped it was a 4g tower bt suspected aswell as clash cos i wanted a new hub when i phoned ,im 100% sure its resolved now xbox has been playing up off and on also kids said thats been good now everyone is happy

:36_002:

• i was having this problem also with dropping peers and cant login to the oscam interface. turns out i was getting a new ip everyday and had no client on any pc or box to update no-ip

you need to specify an internal ip address for your server so it stays the same and put your dns settings into your hub rather than use an update client on pc or server etc it works better in the hub

• Can you put that BT Router in bridge mode steve?
    If so, get yourself a decent router, I use an Asus-N16 connected to my sh1tty stock router in bridge mode & never any network problems, (unless the net is down completely)..
    Its worth having a think about because 90% of the routers sent out by ISP's will crumble at the knees under any kind of pressure, (basic routing for example):laugh:
    So if you can set BT to Bridge mode you can get a decent spec DD-WRT capable router to do the real routing...

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Can you put that BT Router in bridge mode steve?
    If so, get yourself a decent router, I use an Asus-N16 connected to my sh1tty stock router in bridge mode & never any network problems, (unless the net is down completely)..
    Its worth having a think about because 90% of the routers sent out by ISP's will crumble at the knees under any kind of pressure, (basic routing for example):laugh:
    So if you can set BT to Bridge mode you can get a decent spec DD-WRT capable router to do the real routing...

TF ive a few routers here that have dd-wrt installed to be totally honest this HH3 has been spot on and never given me an issue I have the ftc modem and then the hub so dont need to bridge just remove the hub and replace it but never had an issue I know its a basic router but its done some amount of graft and has been flawless and still is apart from this update and the wireless channel defaulting ill stick with the devil I know for now its been faultless since I changed the channel at least I know what to look for first next time
    :69:

• Homehub 5 is now available at a discount if your a BT customer, this had the fibre modem built in. It's also dual channel, well worth a look bud.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I had a very shaky start with BT, but its now all working.

Just doing some testing on the HH4 before i make the final switch from VM. It takes the mick that i'm only on a normal BT ADSL connection and i'm getting better download speeds than i am currently getting on a Virgin Media fibre connection. VM give you the big song and dance about how fast their connection is then they slow you right down with their traffic profiling.

Still got to test the port forwarding on the HH4 but i'm not anticipating any issues/

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!