Newbie - So many questions...

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 576 times. The last Post () by mickyas.

• First off, i apologise if i'm posting in the wrong section, always a given when visiting new sites :-o.

I used to rely heavily on my Humax HDCI2000 with dragon cam and fun 7 card for watching satellite channels (mainly slovak for wor lass and movie channels with some skiing coverage channels) but that has long since passed and i'm having no luck at all now in 'decrypting' said channels using this set-up (spent ages gathering info on using the card, system etc as well) :-( Already spent best part of the day doing research and still no further forward :-o

I'm now looking at buying the Vu+duo2 but have a lot of questions to ask followed by blurred vision and headaches trying to come to terms with a whole new system.
    1. What is this 'images' thingy...i.e. Blackhole, VTi, Vixteam etc and what does it do?
    2. Is there a DVB-T2 tuner for this unit yet?
    3. Does it come with twin DVB-S2 tuner on tuner 1 and single DVB-S2 tuner on tuner 2, as standard (seen some sites charging for it)?
    4. What is open PLI and what does it do?
    5. When DIY installing tuners and/or HDD, is there additional software/plug-ins needed or are they just 'plug & play'?
    6. Is the USB flashdrive to allow copying of files to and from the HDD or does it serve an additional purpose?
    7. What are clines, nlines and cws lines?
    8. Can i do away with my dragon cam and fun 7 card or would these be of any use?
    9. From what i've read the DVB-C/T tuner is of no use to us in the UK only DVB-T2?
    10. Having read the postings of cardsharing and the loss of channels etc is it still worth buying this unit, if all i'm going to get is SD channels or FTA.
    11. Does the linux facility on the unit allow it to be used for multi card sharing to allow access to numerous satellites when connected to a motorised dish?
    12. Most importantly...where is the best price for this unit? Sponsors?

I think that's just about covered it, sorry for the questions but as i said, i've wiled away the hours trying to source info and this is the narrowed down version and i'd love to spend my days trying to gather the info myself, but i'd like to see my little boy grow up :-o :-)

Thanks for any input :-)

Regards

Mick

• Hello buddy, here's my answers to your questions...

1, Images are the basically the user interface for which you will use to control/operate the duo2. Different teams write images for this type of receiver. blackhole/vti/Vix etc etc

2, not that I know of

3, Typically they come with one dvb s2 twin tuner. Any extra's you usually have to pay for.

4, openpli is a image.

5, tuners & hdd are plug & play

6,usb flashdrive is used to flash the box when adding or changing a image, you can also leave it connected to the box for picons/epg data etc

7, these are lines that allow you to connect to a server

8, not sure, but what harm would it do to hang onto them...

10, That's up to you bud, the duo2 is a top end receiver. there are other alternatives (cheaper ones/different models from the vu range)

11, yes

12, Our site sponsors price is as good as I could find....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• WOW, much appreciated for clearing that little lot up :-) :-) Better go get my wallet and pay the sponsors a visit...shhhhhhhh, just don't tell wor lass, as long as i can get it installed before she can see it, i'll be ok (she didn't even notice when i put up a new telly until my son pointed it out :-) ). Just need to have a good read on how to flash it and add all the plug-ins i'm gonna need,so any input/ recommendations now would be a great help, thanks massively.

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!