How to Convert router to wireless Bridge/Repeater

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,768 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• Official Post

I bought a cheap D-link dir-615 virgin router from fleebay for less that ?15.
    I downloaded some open source Firmware for the device called DD-WRT www.dd-wrt.com | Unleash Your Router and flashed the router.
    I then followed this video to set the router up to be it's own wireless bridge and wireless repeater, feeding off my main router's wireless.
    Now I am the very happy owner of a wireless N bridge which feeds my VU+ Duo in the other room.

• Yeah most routers have the setting to make it into a repeater! The set up is a nightmare tho! Both routers must have same SSID! access point router must have the MAC address of the repeater input into its settings! Took me ages to figure out how to get it set up! Was up and running but frequently the connection would drop out! Gave up and went the Homplug route instead!
    Handy tho if your on a tight budget and have a couple lying around doing nothing!

• wud recomend the home plugs as they are much more easier, but if u have 2 wireless routers lying bout then setting a bridge connection is best option

• dd-wrt great firmware . turns a cheapie router into a ?600 spec router . So stable aswell . You can also run oscam in these routers !!!!

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!