Dilemma! New installation advise please.

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 707 times. The last Post () by sinny89.

• First of all hello to everyone :hilinuxsat:

My situation so far. I have received my vu solo2 which is very nice i might add. Ordered *** basic and is being installed this thursday.

I have only just come across this new pairing method as i had been burying my head deeply into getting things to work ect, causing a major sidetrack.

So the problem is getting the card activated without being paired to a HD box.

My potential solution would be, tell installer my card has not come in the post yet, use my sisters old white sd + box to activate card online and bobs your uncle. card will work in solo2...

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

• Guessing i'm a bit off the mark with that idea then, thought it was a bit simple to be a loophole. Any suggestions as the wallet is tight atm.

• Official Post

Cancel this meeting with the installer.. Purchase a freeview card and pair it to your sisters old white sd + box, then subscribe to one of the separate packages like boxnation, BT Sport, Setanta etc .. The installer doesn`t need to be involved for this to happen..

Then later on down the line you may upgrade to another package because you have the card and official receiver already installed..

• Great idea Master G thanks. i already have a freeveiw card from a while ago, only problem is i dont have a dish as im not in the same house. Do you think i should install a motorized dish myself, then i have more flexibility for expansion?

• Official Post

Great idea Master G thanks. i already have a freeveiw card from a while ago, only problem is i dont have a dish as im not in the same house. Do you think i should install a motorized dish myself, then i have more flexibility for expansion?

I think you should.. Everything that sly uk broadcasts and more can be found on foreign satellites..

• Just cancel the installation, and tell them you already have your own receiver and dish and all you need is the card. They will then just send you a new card which you can do with as you please. You can then activate the card if go into the engineers menu and do an new install from there.

You will need the receiver connected to a dish on 28e and a phone line to do this.

1. Press the '5ky' button
    2. Press 'Services' button on the remote
    3. Select the 'System Setup' option
    4. Using the remote press '01' and then 'Select'
    5. Select new installation and follow the on screen instructions.

Nano

• Thanks for the replies, i have now canceled and doing some research into motorized sat dish. I was a bit apprehensive about posting at first but now i glad, thanks for the advise!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!