help needed please: cannot get epg tp update !

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 672 times. The last Post () by lacierva.

• hi all,
    i am currently using "Black Hole 2.0.3 Hyperspace VU+Solo Backup By Ten Below." image on my solo.

i have a memory stick in the back of it in fat 32 format

it image is working great all apart from the fact that if i was to reflash the image i only get 7 days epg after that there is nothing.

so silly as it sounds every week i am reflashing my box just to get a 7 day epg.

i am doing everything right in my own mind as to where everything should be stored.

any ideas please,
    niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• that is pretty much the way i have it setup already.
    the only problem i am having now reading through that is that where the epg backup is to set the location for it, the usb.
    it is not an option.
    like i said it is still on fat 32 whether or not that makes a difference.

i have formatted the usb to different thingymebobs in the past but for some reason or other when i mount them as mount points they dissapear of the system after a bit as well.
    so do i formatt the usb or not ?

if so format it to what ?

also how many partitions, do i format it via blackhole or tspanel ?

sorry for all the questions

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• the solo does reconise the usb stick.
    when i go to device manager there is nothing there.

what format should i have it on.

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• nope, nothing. grrrr..... thats another wright off of a topic and tried 2 usbs.
    anyway now for something off topic.
    is there anywhere on here that gives a complete walkthrough of building your own image from scratch ?

cheers for the help
    niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• I had problems getting my VU solo to see my USB at first. Then i noticed that when i was using windows to do a quick format to fat32 the settings were for clusters of 4096. I changed it to 'use default cluster size' and that sorted it for me.
    Don't know if that helps but it might be worth a shot.

• i have had a solo now for a long time and always used bh images, i have always had issues with the usb not showing after its formatted and mounted correctly, seems to dissapear after the epg has been loaded, it doesnt show but it is doing its job by holding epg download and in my case swap file, as i say i have had this happen with all bh images i have loaded up to the present latest, must just be a solo thing i think ?

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!