Which enigma2 receiver will be good for learning with on a budget ?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,721 times. The last Post () by codar.

• hi peeps need some advice i fancy learning linux and am playing with ubuntu at the mo i have a blade 7000 which is gr8 but boring nothing ro learn im on a budget so want another set up tor upstairs i fancy a dreambox 500s as they seem cheapish but im not sure if there clones or not and if they are will they be no good for learning with or ok to use any suggestions and pointers would be appreciated

• Just like a pc. 32mb ram, 250mhz processor, enigma 1 machine. A bit slow by todays standards. Better off going for an enigma 2 machine. Never owned a gigablue but from what i've read, those who have one are happy with em. Good spec on them also but i'd splash out the extra $30 for the twin tuner one.

• Haven't dealt with them.
    Would recommend the site sponsor.
    Great service and swift delivery.
    Purchased a vu uno from them on saturday.
    Shipped monday and arrived today around lunch time and i'm in roi.
    On top of that, there is security in knowing that if the receiver hicups in any way, they will help or sort it out for you.

Usually cheap prices = clones
    Never owned one but from what i've read, some clones have problems with images written for the original receivers, and are of a lesser build quality. Overheating , noisy etc. Others seam to be ok.

• In all honesty once you start and get involved budget goes out the window , try buy a solo 2 because the truth is your going to have to find a budget twice ,as the next thing you will want is speed so if you are a bit of a gadget king and like your computers and electronics ,itll be cheaper to start higher ,youll be n the whirlpool soon enough
    :laugh:

• Have to agree with stevejo. Solo2 rocks. Its lightening fast and a pleasure to use. I took the plunge and never looked backed.
    I've messed around with a couple of receivers but none compare to it for support, speed and functionality . If you can afford to splash out, you won't be disappointed. The duo2, looks good but in all honestly I think its overpriced and the lcd screen is more a cosmetic attraction than a functional one. My tuppance worth anyway.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!