Dm800 boots sometimes, very moody

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,279 times. The last Post () by trance.

• Hi people, ok I'm trying to fix a friends dm800hd clone. The problem is , it has become very moody when it boots up, I would say it freezes whilst booting 1 in every 3 times. Sometimes on certain images it wont get past the booting process at all [perfectly good images which I installed on other dm800 clones].
    I have tried at least 5 different versions of open pli [fresh, aswell as backups. even the doods backup floating about online] Some initially work then refuse to boot/stuck on boot cycle after restart. Others just refuse to get past the booting bar process.
    Is the flash memory damaged in anyway, As when I received the box from my friend, the flash was running at 99%. The image was blackhole v1.66 . The autobouquets e2 refused to work for lack of space.

So to some up, I can flash images to the box, but they get stuck on boot occasionally/randomly
    The box in question is a clone DM800 HD SSL84B Production date 08/2012
    Any help will be appreciated
    Thank You

• Right new development,
    Now when the box gets stuck on restart or restart gui, If I leave it stuck, say for 4-5 mins it automatically reboots fully and eventually boots up.
    what is going on? any ideas

• Ok , my advice reflash fresh image the best is open pli for me not backup

by serial preference mini usb to usb . With dream up . When is finish

do not close dreamup reflash the sim ssl84. Remember is clone so not put image for original .

• anniman and rami, thanks for your input,
    I flashed a fresh openpli, took out the tuner. It seemed to boot up most of time without issue. Also after I reseated the tuner, it seemed to boot up most the time.
    Now it hangs maybe 1 in 5 boots[ and only at the very start, the boot.jpg bit. Before it was during the bootup line across the front screen]
    I think this is as good as it will get on this particular dm800 so Ive given back to the friend.
    Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!