Raspberry hangs

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 376 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hello!

I have set up an Raspberry as server with two omnikey readers, everything working fine for about two days then I lost connection with it.
    after restart it works fine again but I would like to know what caused it..
    I have looked in some logs but cant find anything weird exept this in user.log:
    Dec 15 09:17:19 raspberrypi pcscd: ccid_usb.c:514:OpenUSBByName() Can't claim interface 1/5: -6

Tried to google it but it seems like I am the only one on the planet with this error!

Any Ideas? Is there somewhere else I can look?

Regards Niclas

• Well I had it running before this with mp35 readers, but after a sd card crash I ordered a new kingston class 10 card and two new omnikey readers. I think it had over 6 months uptime!
    This error has probably something to do with pcsc and if some linux guru know how to check this I would be very happy!

• You might be better off rebuilding the server from scratch on an new SD card. Bear in mind that an SD card will wear out much quicker than a HDD as they are not really designed to run an operating system (lots of reads and writes) on. If nothing has changed, it could simply be corrupt data. It only takes about an hour or so to back up the server, run the install again and get back up and running.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!