MAG250 home media, PC to MAG250 streaming set up help needed

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,332 times. The last Post () by sonics007.

• I'm trying to stream stuff over from my computer to my MAG250 but I'm struggling. I open home media and samba/workgroup/MY-PC but the listings are all blank .

I do have homegroup already set on my pc windows 7 and changed the password of the homegroup so can someone please point me in the right direction from there ?

thanks

• I'm trying to stream stuff over from my computer to my MAG250 but I'm struggling. I open home media and samba/workgroup/MY-PC but the listings are all blank .

I do have homegroup already set on my pc windows 7 and changed the password of the homegroup so can someone please point me in the right direction from there ?

thanks

to get my mag to stream all I did was use my videos folder on my lappy then changed the sharing properties on it so it could accessed by anybody.i just then drag n drop any movie ive downloaded etc into that folder and hey presto the mag finds it no bother ..hope this helps !!

• what kinda progam do you use

first stay in innerportal
    #important , USE LAN NOT WIFI
    if you use wifi on pc and mag on Lan it wont work !
    use both Lan for stabile Movies

#2 Use Plex
    just search google it works fine with subs and all

#2 plex let you choose how many Mb it can take for the movie ( so you can port it out in hd or whatever you want )

ive tried samba but failed

you could make a network folder or something and try
    but plex works for me fine and its also better then all progamms
    because you can add by hand the description of the movie or plexx will add it remotely

• Hi Mckee25 again, I cant get filmon to play, Do I need to put a different URL in than the standard one or do I have to put in a usb stick Help!!!!!
    Thanks Jasper69!!!!!!!!

• hey guys, have a question. i received mag 250 from my isp loaded with his channels. so is it possible to grab this links from mag 250.thansk for your answers

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!