What twin tuner for total newbie ?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,161 times. The last Post () by huester.

• Hi all brand new to this game so please go easy on me.
    i am after a solid reliable/stable twin tuner , i will need pause and rewind facility as well .
    not sure what image to load as well vix/blackhole ??
    looking at the VU+ solo 2. is this a good bit of kit ?

Paul

• Paul
    VU+Solo2 is a great box with lots of support and images to suit anyone. I would say steer away from the Alien 2 although a lot cheaper, is not in the same league regarding performance. From what I have read the Gigablue Quad is a good box and a bit cheaper. Have a good look round the forum before deciding. I am sure you will get lots of advice on here. A word of caution if you are buying a Solo2. Be aware that people are selling clones so best to stick to reputable dealer such as sponsor

regards

• Hi all brand new to this game so please go easy on me.
    i am after a solid reliable/stable twin tuner , i will need pause and rewind facility as well .
    not sure what image to load as well vix/blackhole ??
    looking at the VU+ solo 2. is this a good bit of kit ?

Paul

cant go wrong with solo2 pal, crackin wee box

• someone told me today that Vix is better because of its time-shift capabilities inc rewind and pause and that black hole does not have this function as std .
    is this true or is this person talking nonsense.

• is this person talking nonsense.

Yes !

Blackhole is by far a more superior image to vix and it does all types of recordings just fine including permanent timeshift.

Permanent timeshift plugin is available in the bh addons menu ready for download.

While i am here...regarding your choice of box it would help if we knew what amount of funds are available..if a solo2 is a little out of your reach then have a gander at the vuduo1 from the forum sponsor as there is good deal running on them atm.

MK

• i read people have had a lot of issues with the permanent timeshift feature or has this been sorted now ?
    if funds permit am i better getting a solo 2 rather than a duo ? and sticking the latest black hole image on it ? sorry im very green on this

• If you can afford a solo2 then yes definately purchase that as it has much better specs.

Image is your choice and remember its very easy to flash the boxes so you can try them all and use whatever you prefer.

Regarding PTS... i will say it again that there is no problem with any recording functions including permanent timeshift on latest bh images anyway.i think i had a problem with pts around a year ago but either a software update or the next bh release sorted it.

I am currently using BH 2.0.7 on an old vu duo and all recordings are working fine so i,m not sure if you are reading older posts or peeps have older images or something.

MK

• I have tried several images. Currently using latest BH, and so far have to say I prefer the Vix image. However I have not used BH for very long so perhaps not really a good comparison. I do though like the epg on Vix. It is simple to reflash images on Solo2 so try until you find what you like, and I would also suggest when you start you may find it useful to use one the the backup images done by Ten Below, He has done all the work so you are up and running straight away and you can tweak it as you learn

regards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!