Help Recover VU Solo

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,513 times. The last Post () by intel131.

• Have a genuine VU+ Solo that has been given to me to try and recover the box, he may have loaded the
    wrong flash (but not 199% sure), now the box just shows a red light and won't take any images.

Is there any way to recover this box please

BTW I opened the box and on the main board it says V1.3 2011.03.29

Thanks
    327b76245.jpg

• Thank you for your help, but it sill dont work, I tried the USB method and the red light just stays on and the tried the
    RS232 method, again it just hangs on the red light.....could this be a problem with the box rather then the wrong
    image being loaded?...............not sure what to try next please?

• Have you tried different makes of usb sticks for flashing the image????? , Vu can be a bit picky at times....

I tried 3 different USB sticks, all have been know to work on different boxes and all were formatted to Fat32 (also tried fat as well)
    should'nt the RS232 method have worked?.......................using RS232 it got to 20% and stopped there but I don't think the box is
    powering up properly as even with the box disconnected from the Com port, it still get to 20%

• 5e01e52.jpg

I tried BH 1.7.2 and it still don't move from the red light, also if you look at the picture in first post and the picture in this post, everything points to the box being genuine.................I might be wrong but anyone know how to check if it's a power supply problem?, I read somewhere that the red light can also be caused by a faulty cap on the main board
    (just cant find where I read this before)

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!