Oscam upgrade slow ecms from DM500 server

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,441 times. The last Post () by i290975.

• Hi,

I'm running OSCAM 1.2 r8852 on DM500. Recently tried upgrading to OSCAM versions 8963, 9003, 9058, 9062 and 9063. Each upgrade resulted in ecm times increasing 10 fold i.e. approx 90 ms to 900 ms. I changed back to version 8852 and ecm times are back to normal. Anybody got any suggestions?

Cheers

• 8884 or 9086 will do you 9086 possibly the best one to try never saw that high an ecm times ive seen from 90 to 250 jump on some channels sports 1 and sports news high on my other server testing 9131 shows ok now but creeps up with more peers connected even cache was high

• Thanks Stevejo

Same again with 9086, ecms are between 3500ms and 4500ms.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong during the upgrade?

When upgrading I simply
    1. overwrite the oscam file in /var/bin
    2. change attributes to 755
    3. restart oscam

• You would see in oscam webinfo if your version has changed , you must have something else going wrong to be so high a reader maybe , have you tried a swap , wouldnt think configs would make it that high its mostly either right or wrong , try another reader if you have and if its usb try a powered hub

• Looks like the right version and versions do change in web interface. Its a DM500 using an internal reader. Thanks for the suggestions, if it is a problem with the reader its odd that things are still working perfectly with version 8852?

• Bingo!

Thanks a million sync. What caused the problem? Was the default reader speed changed in the more recent versions of OSCAM?

• Does this need to be done on all recent builds?

3150MHZ for sly UK - is it sat box or omnikey as well?

Thanks

This setting on the OSCAM web interface says;

Dreambox Mipsel: 2700, PPC: 3150, DM7025: 8300

As far as I know the 3150 applies to Power PC binaries only. I'm not sure what binaries sat box and omnikey use. I'm sure someone else on the forum can give you a definitive answer.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!