remote to server debian

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,555 times. The last Post () by neil306.

• Thanks for reply, i flowed that links but cant help me!
    The isp not open port 21,22,23 and if i forward that ports i cant remot my server!
    somebody said i must use Webmin i install it to server Debian , but i don't know how can i connect to webmin out of house? and is it possible to remote wit Webmin?
    Thanks

• webmin runs its own web interface . yes you can remote to it but it would not enable you to access the ports you want from distance. Why dont you change the ftp and ssh ports to higher numbers if you say your isp is blocking them ??? What is your setup and i will reply how to change your ports for your ftp etc

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• when I scan ports just 2 ports is open!!port 80 and 111 TCP

Is it possible i remote with these ports?

• anything is possible . what router are you using ?? are you sure you have opened the ports in your router ?

new2

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• I have cable fiber net, and modem and router and tel is toghter.
    I have not permission to connect to modem!
    Just ISP the give me website to change something like port forwarding or enable firewall!
    I can forwarding any port but ISP close every port, just 80 and 111 is open.

• wow that is some terrible isp you have . Are you sure of your info as i've never heard of an isp lock down its network that much before

new2

• Yes, i am sure.
    I am in Belgium and i have net from telenet.be.
    when i ask them just pass me to another number tel! they don't like open port!
    I hope find solution
    Thanks

• on telenet all ports below 1024 are closed apart from the two that you mention

so try to assign port range over 1024.

new2

• i am glad that you got it sorted

thanks

new2

• you can get a remote desktop program called nx machine...which is a remote access virtual desktop
    you have to download the windows version to your pc ( laptop )
    and download the debian version to your server
    go anywhere in the world with say your laptop or pc and log in to your server
    you actually see your server desktop on your windows pc ( laptop )
    when i go on my holidays i take my laptop with me so i can keep an eye on things back home

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!