Which box do you recommend?

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,233 times. The last Post () by rayner123.

• Hi guys I'm fairly new to this website. I've been doing some research about which receiver to go with. I want something relatively cheap which is under £100, single tuner, atleast a 7 day EPG and also with CCcam support. My friend has a s**box F5, he says its pretty good but doesn't have a good EPG.

Thanks

• The 5kybox F5 isn't a proper receiver, its just cheap junk from China. They are glitchy with CCCam and really not worth the money in my opinion. It also depends on what you want from it. SD or HD, IPTV etc etc.

I would rather go for one of the Ferguson Ariva receivers over any of the 5kybox/Openbox range, at least you now what your getting with them.

If its a first receiver you may be better off going fro a decent second hand Enigma 2 receiver with a better spec over any new Chinese made ones.

Nano

• I would go for an enigma 2 box buddy the octagon is £129 and you can use all the different plugins in it and get a good epg your mate will be pissed at you he will be the green eyed monster dont waste money on f5 and the likes

• Thanks nano and stevejo for your replies. I'm slightly confused with IPTV. If I get a box with IPTV, does it mean I can get channels over the internet instead of a satellite dish+internet?

I would go for an enigma 2 box buddy the octagon is £129 and you can use all the different plugins in it and get a good epg your mate will be pissed at you he will be the green eyed monster dont waste money on f5 and the likes

Could you specify the model please...

What do y'all think about az box bravissimo HD? Will it be any good in the UK?

• AZBox Bravissimo is a Chinese AZBox clone that is made primarily for the South American market to open Nagra encoded channels using keys in much the same way as we used to be able to do with the Digital+ and Premiere channels about 3 years ago. As to whether it would work in the UK for CS is anybodies guess. I know they won't open anything Nagra encoded using Keys as all of the Nagra encoded stuff in Europe is secure and can't be opened other than with CS or using a subscriber card.

Keep an eye on the classified section of the forum. Its usually around this time of the year when a few more than normal boxes appear there for sale, usually due to people that have had new ones to play with for Christmas.

Nano

• Definitely not, I am still researching and l still haven't bought any receiver yet. Also my friend is planning to get the blademedia BM7000S, if someone could shed some light on this plz...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!