looking for help with a *** pace box

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,529 times. The last Post () by L-S-D.

• i know its old but if i kill it it wont matter is the idea...
    so what i would like is where to start.
    what do i need to begin with this new hobby project...
    any specific leads or setup requirements.
    currently i have a decent pc, an old pace box with no idea how to connect the 2 and get some soft mods uploaded to it, if thats what this place is about...

suggestions welcome...
    basically where do i start and what do i need.

• You wont be able to do anything with your old sly box they are too well locked down, A cheap way into this hobby would be a DM500 they are cheap as chips and still have excellent support

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• @shamonem... yeah i have a dish. the setup is functional... currently i get all fta channels including C5.
    multipack i will try anything even if it risks killing the box, its no big deal if it doesn't survive.

the 1 thing i dont have is it connected to a phone line. i get my net via cable through virgin so i dont have a bt line i can use.

• Theres no way to do what you want with your box so you have no chance of killing it.
    Your easiest way into the hobby is with a linux based box, somebody in the buy/exchange section might even have one for sale.

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• if your sly box is a series 2 pvr then you can do something with it.....:)

You can change the software and open the pvr function for freesat. but thats about all.

HTH

T90...DM7020 ..PLI OPEN beta...TM800 HD....TM600

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!