Which fixing would you use ?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 882 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi Members!!

my dish and bracket has been really tested the past week or so as the winds have been very strong.

I currently have a 2 meter aluminum pole with an aerial at the top a 90Cm motorized disc then a static sly dish at the button.

The Brackets are T&k.

The bricks are hollow as the house is only 4 years old.

I believe i have installed the top bracket to close to the top course of brick and when tightened it they seem to be cracking the compo' so decided when the weather gets better i will take the existing down re patch the holes and use better fixing lower down the wall with a longer pole

Have you guys any preference of the fixing ?

• You could use stud bar cut to your desired length and if its 12 mm lets say drill a 14-16mm hole in the wall and use chemfix and bond he studs into the wall best bet for crumbly walls , ive used it to mount machinery to concrete floors as you get a bond for the full legnth of the hole depth ,so the deeper you go the greater the bonding you get , im sure you get an epoxy one or an acrylic one both very fast drying

Also is you have harling on your wall scrap some stones off other parts of he wall and fill the holes with clear silicon and put the chips over the silicon youll never know a hole was there

Edited once, last by stevejo ().

• https://vault1.secured-url.com/ecommerce/atonic1/nuco/cart/proddetail.asp?prod=rawlbolts&cat=34
    these work extremely well and out last most traditional type fixings too - Combined with stevejos chemical cement they wont be going anywhere !!!

The top bracket on A T&K should ideally be at least three brick courses from the top of the wall as they tend to loosen and crack the mortar in my opinion .

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• https://vault1.secured-url.com/ecommerce/atonic1/nuco/cart/proddetail.asp?prod=rawlbolts&cat=34
    these work extremely well and out last most traditional type fixings too - Combined with stevejos chemical cement they wont be going anywhere !!!

The top bracket on A T&K should ideally be at least three brick courses from the top of the wall as they tend to loosen and crack the mortar in my opinion .

Thanks ! i already have those installed not sure if i could get these out and fill the hole with the chemical fixing ?

• Thanks ! i already have those installed not sure if i could get these out and fill the hole with the chemical fixing ?

They are sometimes hard to get out if they dont come out screw the bolt into it a bit and give it a hit in with the hammer to close the jaw then try pull it out the way , chemical fixing wont work with them as it will get round the thread and you never be able to take it down without an angle grinder i recommend that you use chemical fixing only with studding , there are complete kits including the stud bar on the site if you look ,

• They are sometimes hard to get out if they dont come out screw the bolt into it a bit and give it a hit in with the hammer to close the jaw then try pull it out the way , chemical fixing wont work with them as it will get round the thread and you never be able to take it down without an angle grinder i recommend that you use chemical fixing only with studding , there are complete kits including the stud bar on the site if you look ,

Yes your Right Good Thinking Stevejo

• ef87267f05.jpg

This system Seems the same' Looks good but surely the load is on the thread so next question is the courser the better ?

Your putting on t&k bracket and you wont get studding courser than a standard thread pitch m10=1.5mm pithch m12=1.75mm pitch and m14 and m16 are 2mm pitch you are probably going to use m12 at best the chemical fixing the deeper you go the more effective it is , dont go thru into the house though :) no need to get carried away youll be surprised how strong this is compared to standard roll bolts youll mangle your pole and t&k before you pull these out the wall if done properly , blow the dust out the hole with a straw and youll key to the brick better

• I would recommend the Chemlock system also. If the pole being used has two dishes on it and an aerial i would recommend putting the top T with at least six courses above it, although if it as me i would just use two Ks rather than a T and K to help with the wind load.

Placing the T with only three bricks above it is in my opinion not be enough for a 2 meter pole with an aerial and two dishes on it, it also doesn't meet current CAI guide lines. Six bricks is a minimum for a safe fitting as far as I'm concerned.

Nano

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!