Non-Sat Tech that your really impressed with.

• I have two item that I bought in the last year that I'm really impressed with.

The first one is a Linksys SPA3102 I got it from Amazon for €70. It's a home phone router. It's setup so if you call to another national landline it will call over the landline. These calls are free with my phone package. If calling international or mobile number it will call over VOIP. The VOIP provider I use is Voipgain, I get mobile calls at 4.5c (I'm in Ireland) per minute. Which is a quarter of the price of my phone provider Vodafone. I have cut my phone bill to Vodafone from €30 to €0 and pay Voipgain less than €10 a month. It isn't the easiest thing to configure, but I had it setup in a few hours, and have been saving money ever since. I haven't notice any loss in quality and you use your normal landline phones.

The other is the Apple TV2 with XBMC and IceFilms. It cost €120 from the Apple Store but you can get it cheaper from Amazon. XBMC is a media player, which will play anything you can throw at it. But the killer app is IceFilms. You can stream dvdrip quality movies straight from the internet to your TV. No messing around with downloading first. You are sitting infront of you TV, scroll through the large list of movies currently available select one and it plays.

If you want to know any more about these or any help setting them up, I'll do all I can to help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!