Help/advice on where to get a Pole Mount

There are 24 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,522 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi,

I know this is a bit silly but I kind of need your help/expertise.

I have a motorized setup which I plan to redo it when ever the whether is good (hopefully next weekend) at the moment I have 18 T&K but the pole that I bought with is only 60 cm or less than 2 feet long as you can see from my avatar pic (apparently, they couldn't post longer pole coz of postal regulations), my question is, where would someone normally go to get at least 6 feet long scaffold/aluminum pole apart from the usual places ie 3ebay? btw I have already been to my local recycle center & scrapyard with no luck.

Since I am re-doing my motor setup, my plan is to have at least 6 feet long scaffold/pole so that I have enough room to attach sly mini dish fixed on 28.2e for the upcoming VU+ duo:36_002:.

Thanx
    Abaaba

1.1m dish, TM2600, Smart Oxid 0.1dB, 18" T&K

• Thanx mate, if you dont mind me asking, what length were you after and how much did they charge? just so that I have rough idea....

• my plan is to have at least 6 feet long scaffold/pole so that I have enough room to attach sly mini dish fixed on 28.2e for the upcoming VU+ duo:36_002:.

Thanx
    Abaaba

Why fix what isn't broken ¬
    just install the mini dish separately ? saves you £70 to start with - route 1 to a vu duo 2 !!!

Just a thought .

Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• I was wanting a 4.5" wide steel galvanised pipe that was 3ft in length and they charged £70 cash

ouch!! £70 for 3 feet??? I wanted 6 feet but I guess I will have to be content with 4 feet, Thanks matey.

• Why fix what isn't broken ¬
    just install the mini dish separately ? saves you £70 to start with - route 1 to a vu duo 2 !!!

Just a thought .

Rik

Lol, who said it wasnt broken? The motor isnt tracking the arc properly, It came down and up twice already......to make long story short, I had to get rid of the arm/elbow mount and get T&K and a meter...........at first I only had few sats on east and none on west, now I have some eat and some west but I want have it perfect so that it tracks the arc properly 45e to 30 west..........I have been at it (on and off) for 2 months now lol so now I am in a stage where I am planning ahead.

Patience/persistence is the name of the game right?

• Are you using a triax dish ?

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• As long as your pole is plumb and you have set the motors elevation you should be pretty close !
    Discard my last comment i can see from your avatar its not a triax ¬

:rikjaard1:

• there is an android app that can show you how to set up....if i get rid of this trycam **** on my phone i will put it up here for you !

• As long as your pole is plumb and you have set the motors elevation you should be pretty close !
    Discard my last comment i can see from your avatar its not a triax ¬

:rikjaard1:

Pole is plumb motor/box latitude set correctly, read 100s of tutorials read so I kind of learned quite a lot. I know I am really close :57: but the whether hasn't been kind to me lately so I haven't touched it.

• there is an android app that can show you how to set up....if i get rid of this trycam **** on my phone i will put it up here for you !

enigma signal meter? got that already..........I must have read it from somewhere in this forum.

• i use a length of steam pipe, if you have any local factories that use a compressed air system usually have loads of this stuff sitting about and are glad to get rid of it.

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!