Oscam with several identical USB readers

• I have been running Oscam server on a Ubuntu Server for quite a while and is quite familiar with it. However i thought i check to see if there is any good solution to a problem i
    had intially when setting it up along time ago :)

I have 2 subscriptions (2 cards) from different providers. I had problems using Oscam with 2 identical usb readers as they where linked with /dev/Ttyusb(x) However
    if a restart of the server or the oscam service these bidnings may change to another ttyusb number and Oscam naturally would not find my cards and i had to edit the
    server config again to get it working. i am currently using one usb and one serial/rs232 reader without any problems

I thought i give it another go with the second usb reader and just wanted to know if anyone have any experience with identical readers?
    I was thinking maybe i could use the by-path option in the device config line in oscam.server config, something like this:

device = /dev/serial/by-path/pci-0000:00:1d.3-usb-0:1:1.0-port0 (as this seem to only change for each physical usb port the device is connected to)

I know this line work, but i dont know if it works with a additional reader as i have not gotten that far yet. Just wanted to ask what othert peeps are doing when using
    identical readers in a oscam server

When reading about this along time ago peeps mentioned that you must have readers with ID chip in order to get this to work, dunno if this still is the problem.

I hope i am not posting it in the wrong part of the forum, if i did i am truly sorry.

Cheers

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!