So Close on Motor setup

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 565 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• I hope you can help me figure out what I am missing here

I have re-done the my motor setup today (I have been at it all day and) and I think I am really close, I am using 5 sats to test if I am tracking the arc correctly (30w, 15w, 5w, 13e, 26e and 28.2e)

30w Al Jazera SNR 90% AGC 29% BER 0%
    15W Zagros SNR 30% AGC 28% BER 0%
    5W TV5 Mod SNR 49% AGC 31% BER 0%
    0.8w (somehow cant seem to get this one, probably neighbour's tree is blocking it )
    13e Bloombe SNR 77% AGC 30% BER 0%
    26e Al Manar SNR 0% AGC 0% BER 0%
    28.2e Chan4 SNR 0% AGC 0% BER 0%

now if I add 1.5 degrees to west on my normal Longitude then I get the below result

30w Al Jazera SNR 0% AGC 0% BER 0%
    15W Zagros SNR 0% AGC 0% BER 0%
    5W TV5 Mod SNR 0% AGC 0% BER 0%
    0.8w (somehow cant seem to get this one, probably neighbour's tree is blocking it )
    13e Bloombe SNR 80% AGC 29% BER 0%
    26e Al Manar SNR 30% AGC 32% BER 0%
    28.2e Chan4 SNR 57% AGC 31% BER 0%

Am I right in thinking the motor tale is a bit high?

I was so looking forward to using my new satlink ws-6906 but it was big disappointment.

Thanks
    Abaaba

1.1m dish, TM2600, Smart Oxid 0.1dB, 18" T&K

• I hope you can help me figure out what I am missing here

I have re-done the my motor setup today (I have been at it all day and) and I think I am really close, I am using 5 sats to test if I am tracking the arc correctly (30w, 15w, 5w, 13e, 26e and 28.2e)

Pretty darn hard task trying to give you advice without knowing your complete setup!!!

Am I right in thinking the motor tale is a bit high?

Tale?

I was so looking forward to using my new satlink ws-6906 but it was big disappointment.

Thanks
    Abaaba

Thats what happens unfortunately when you purchase a **** satellite meter...totally your own fault.

MK

• Abaaba you need to follow the motor instructions to the word with dishpointer for your co ordinated set the motor elevation scale and the dish elevation correct pick your strongest sat and with your meter move the dish left right up and down till you get the best you can ensuring that the angle shown on the stub is close to what your satellite is so if its 28e make sure its at 28 the cast line on the stub should be centre of the dishes v on the bracket ,when moving left to right by hand slacken the motor to wall mount bracket and turn on the motor with your hands not the dish as it forces thru the gears only slacken enough to get it to move ,tightening the bolts can alter your signal so keep an eye on that also , you are far from close ,if you have doubts about a tree even slight its your issue it only takes a few leaves to drop the signal , dont add degrees move the motor by hand thats what you got a meterr for ,you will not track the arc properly otherwise ,if all you co ordinates are correct and elevations you should just drive the dish to 0.8 for example move the dish left and right tilll you get the sat at best lock up and job done , the motor does everything do not skew your lnb either it needs to be square to the dish arm

• Thanks again for your responses, really appreciate it.. I finally done it, now I can go out and enjoy the rest of the weekend lol

I had the wrong latitude numbers on my motor, I adjusted my latitude numbers on the elevation side of the motor which made the motor arm a bit too high...what an idiot!!

I now the motor tracks the arc and I have all the sats expect Nilesat @7w but I dont mind that.

Thanks again for all your support.
    Abaaba

1.1m dish, TM2600, Smart Oxid 0.1dB, 18" T&K

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!