Which Box is best

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,478 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi All, my first post.
    Can you please advise a good Sat Box. My budget is £150 I've had a look at Amiko Alien 2 and Octagon SF8 HD but to be honest I don't have a clue. I understand you can flash the image to add extra features. A dual tuner would be ideal that why I've had a look at Amiko Alien 2.
    Any advise would be great.

• I'd browse the Forum Sponsors web site and see what tickled my fancy and then do some background research in the forums about it to make sure it has good image and plugin support and most importantly that owners are happy with it.

• Avoid any of the Amiko range unless you want a problematic box that won't do what you want it to. Amiko boxes are cheap for a reason. Have you looked at any of the Venton boxes as these are competitively priced and can have twin tuners?

If you want a Dual tuner i would pay the extra and go for something like the Vu+ Duo.

Nano

• My friend has the Octagon SF8 HD. I just wanted to know what anyone else thinks before buying one. I would prefer a box with dual tuners so I can watch and record or to be able to add one at a later date.

• Avoid any of the Amiko range unless you want a problematic box that won't do what you want it to. Amiko boxes are cheap for a reason. Have you looked at any of the Venton boxes as these are competitively priced and can have twin tuners?

If you want a Dual tuner i would pay the extra and go for something like the Vu+ Duo.

Nano

To be honest I am new to all this so any help regarding make and models ect. I've not heard of Venton so i'll give that a Google. I am for the moment a budget of £150 so the VU+ Duo is out of my reach for now. Thanks for the reply.

• if your after a single tuner box another one to look at is the TM Nano, it's a very snappy little box and can take a internal 2.5" hard drive with the optional caddy / fan kit.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• get yourself a blade bm7000s....all chan updates are done through the box at 2 clicks of the remote and the 3d is top drawer !

• If you want a closed source box that can't really do anything other than allow you to watch TV from a c line with only limited channel programming then wasting your money on a Blade 7000 would be a good idea. You might just aswell spend £40+ on a 5kybox for a receiver with more or less the same capabilities as the Blade box for over half the cost

Both Blade and 5kybox receivers are just wasted money as far as i'm concerned.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!