Help much appreciated please

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 687 times. The last Post () by jimbojones1989.

• Sorry for the long post in advance, I’m trying to add in as much detail as possible.

Hi, I am having various problems with my vu+ duo and at the moment am at the end of my wits with the box and am running out of patience. I have tried searching through loads of different forums throughout the past year to try and resolve it but haven’t had any joy so far.

I bought a VU+ Duo from World of Sat in Dec 2012 (so it must be genuine) and installed a 1TB WD Green HDD. I played around with a VIX image but fresh out of the box I started getting green screen crashes with it so I ditched the VIX image for BlackHole and had it set up with BlackHole running fine with CCCam for a while. After a month or two I realised the limitations of my setup because the flash would get filled up quickly by CrossEPG and would crash constantly (I had CrosEPG setup to HDD but when the HDD was in use, CrossEPGwould default to internal flash.) Then I setup a USB for crossepg and picons but then box would still crash, I figured this was because of all the plugins taking up flash space.

I then read up on MeoBoot and for the next few months had a MeoBoot setup running from an 8GB Sandisk USB. Started experiencing constant crashes with the box and when rebooting the box, the front display would either get stuck on ‘Starting’ and boot up fine but have no response from the remote control until I would have to restart the box again. Sometimes the box, when booting up would display garbled up letters that would resemble ‘Reading USB’ but all misspelt or rearranged and I would have to keep rebooting the box until ‘starting’ would appear, then a quick split second flash of ‘reading USB’ which would then revert back to ‘starting’ for the box to boot up properly. The plugin’s I regularly installed on the box with every reflash were CCCam 2.3, TSPanel, 1channel, TSMedia, Autobouquets maker, (Sometimes on demand iplayer,4od.)

I then thought it was a problem with the 8GB file size of the USB drive and that maybe it was interfering with the boot sequence as the box was checking if there was an image on the USB so I downgraded to a 4GB Sandisk USB and started playing around with ‘avalon universes’ instead to expand the flash but still kept getting green screen crashes without logs.

Then maybe I thought it could be a problem with the bootloader so reflashed the boot loader cfe 3.0 and then reinstalled BlackHole 2.0.8 worked fine for a while, set up with all the same plugins but then again started crashing without logs, sometimes would get a green screen right at the startup with the crash logs showing a date of 1970.

So I got fed up last week and installed VIX 3.0.808, setup the channels, bouquets, CrossEPG, CCCam, TSPanel and TSMedia. Setup a 96M swap file on the 4GB USB, timeshift on HDD but now and again the box freezes up with no warning (Sometimes if i leave it long enough it will reboot itself), not even running a plugin, just watching normal channels, TSPanel tells me I have 46mb free in flash and I’ve tried looking but there are no Crash logs to be found. Also the box has started experiencing the bootup problems mentioned above when I restart it, garbled display or box loads up but display is stuck on ‘starting’ but not able to control it with the remote.

I know it would be more helpful with crash logs but so far I havent found any to share.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong or any possible solution to this peculiar problem? Any tips/advice? Or any clarification on returns, I bought it from World Of Sat, I’m not sure but I think EU warranty might be 2 years.

• Have you spoken to World of Satellite, I am sure they would help with the problem. Just as a heads up I am running a year old Vu duo on BH 2.0.7 and it has been so stable I have not bothered messing with it. I did have quite a lot of crashes with earlier versions of BH, like 1.0.7 etc

Never tried Vix so cannot comment on it.

• Have a read here buddy: Vu Duo Memory leak

This is just one thread to do with what could possibly be wrong, if you use the search box you can find others...

Thanks for the reply, I did search and read around on those but came to the conclusion that a plugin memory leak shouldn't have been responsible for the garbled display screen/ startup issues I have when I boot the box. Maybe I'm mistaken

• Official Post

I had the same display screen / start up issues (stuck on red light) with my DUO.. It was down to my HDD & USB stick..

Try disconnecting the HDD & USB and running the image for a few days to see if you still have the same issues.. If the image is stable test with only the USB attached for a few days, then try the HDD..

Let us know how you get on buddy..

• I had the same display screen / start up issues (stuck on red light) with my DUO.. It was down to my HDD & USB stick..

Try disconnecting the HDD & USB and running the image for a few days to see if you still have the same issues.. If the image is stable test with only the USB attached for a few days, then try the HDD..

Let us know how you get on buddy..

Thank you, will try that now and let you know how I get on

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!