which dm800 to buy? (Tuner)

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 791 times. The last Post () by r2r2r2.

• Hi folks,

I need to buy a dm800hd, however I don't know if this tuner will help.

I currently use a F90HD and I can see tv with no problems. There's a cable provider.
    I'd like to change to DM800HD. Should I buy the DVB-C version?

In this DM800HD I will need to use my card. I need to use a smartcard usb dongle or the receiver will read my card with no problems? (How do I find this information?)

• It all depends on which encryption your service provider uses and whether or not there is an emulator that can read it. You can buy a DVB-C DM800HD, if later on you decide to use it or satellite you can just buy a DM800HD DVB-S tuner which just plugs in to the mainboard replacing the DVB-C tuner.

To be honest we need to know which provider you are talking about before anybody can give you a definitive answer.

Nano

• Lexusbox F90HD is a dedicated Nagravision cablebox for Cabo in S. America. If you get a DM you need to get the DVB-C tuner option or buy the Sunray tripple tuner version. Current E2 EMU's should be able to cope with your card but whether or not the internal reader will work or not is someting I can answer. Maybe someone else on the forum who has a Cabo card will know for sure. If not then worst case would be to use a compatible external reader because sadly the DM800 does not have a slot for a suitable CAM.

This assumes TV Cabo cards are not paired to their receivers of course.

Edited once, last by dirtydonki ().

• If its a Nagravision card you will need the Boxkey and RSAKey in order to be able to open any channels . I can't say i have ever come across a Nagravision encrypted service that hasn't used some sort of card pairing technology.

Nano

• If its a Nagravision card you will need the Boxkey and RSAKey in order to be able to open any channels . I can't say i have ever come across a Nagravision encrypted service that hasn't used some sort of card pairing technology.

Nano

Looks like I'll need the RSAKey and Boxkey for that.

This is the card I have:

Any content you would recommend for someone that needs to understand how to extract these keys?

• All boxes are different. from what i can make out you are in South America, probably Brasil. You will need to look around the forums in your area to see if anybody can extract the RSAkey and Boxkey. On some boxes the keys can be extracted without damaging the box on others the procedure permanently damages the box.

Nano

• Thanks again Nano. I'll open a new thread about boxkey and rsa key since it's a totally different subject. I'm trying to identify my vanilla receiver in order to look for some documentation, however it's usb, should be a soft way.

• As i previously pointed out, its unlikely anybody on this forum will be able to help you as this is mostly a European forum and its unlikely anybody here will have any experience with your card or (providers) receiver. You will probably need to find someone from your own country who has experience with the providers receiver.

Nano

• At this point there's no open community where I can look for that information. I'm on my own.
    Anyway, the first who get those keys get it somehow, right? We're talking about extract the dump of the decoder and then try to decrypt it, I guess. My hope is that my receiver is some sort of clone of any you guys use outside brazil so I can repeat the extraction proccess.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!