DB 800 hd A8P with message ''2nd failed'.'

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,051 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hello,
    I tried with Dreamup and Optiflascher Pro many time to turn it on but nothing new happens. Every time its blue light is flasching and on the oled color dream it's written ''2nd failed''. Are there any solution for this problem? Please help me.

• This was originally posted by Creamon on the DMM forum so all thanks go to him for this useful information. I hope it works for you

Box connected to your Laptop via USB.
    Ethernet cable connected to your Router (DHCP enabled)

1a. Start DreamUP_1_3_3_8 and tick "Use Network". Also choose correct Serial Port (mine was COM18).

1b. I also had this problem: "too much data (or bad sectors) in partition 1 (end: 00040000, pos: 00040000)". If you have that you also must choose "recover bad sectors" in the "Extras" menu in Dreamup.

2. Press the "Connect" button in Dreamup.

3. Start your box and wait a few seconds (flash-loader should be transfered to the Dreambox and you should see something like HTTP or LAN connected) . If all works well you should see the IP adress of the box in the LCD (DM800se).

4. DON'T PUSH THE FLASH BUTTON !!!

5. Launch your preferred browser and type in the IP of the Dreambox.

6. Run the firmware-upgrade via
    your browser. Use the original firmware for your box,
    reboot the Dreambox.

• DB 800 hd A8P

as far as hi know there isn't any sim a8p for the 800...so could be you upload the wrong IMAGE??

voyger.: A Person with no imagination his a person with no wing."

voyger.:"never make a arguement with an idiot. It will drags you to its own level,and then he will strikes you with His experience."

• I already tried to flasch it with this method by using Dreamup and Optiflascher Pro but every time with any result. I think the problem is on (SIM CARD A8P) to seem be broken because i tried once time to flasch my box witout card SIM and i received the same message (2nd failed). Thanks for help.

• Hi m8.
    I had a similar problem, you need to use an unpatched copy of dreamup as for genuine dreambox. The box will go into http mode then flash in browser as per normal. Hope this helps. You get this problem if you flash an A8P box with a clone image.

• I have tried with patched and unpatched Dreamup but unfortunatly nothing happened. I always receive the same message '' 2nd stage failed''. I think the problem is in the card SIM A8P. Was something like this happenend for someone? I don't knew any thing.

• If worst comes to worst you can always try one of the other sims.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!