Bootloader question

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,310 times. The last Post () by daveyboy.

• I'm after buying a dm800se clone, on startup it says Sim 2 Boot 84A

My old PC has packed in so don't want to chance bricking it by flashing the wrong image and getting a 'NO CA ERROR FOUND' on the screen.

So I have one shot at this, will this image work?

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=42464

If I have to load a new bootloader which do I flash first the bootloader or image? I presume bootloader..

• I would recommend you run a base image in flash and install BA and then run images from HDD or USB. That way you can play to your hearts content without risk and are then also not limited by the memory size constraints of the internal flash memory. This is especially relevant if you intend to go to OE2 and install loads of plugins which believe me you will.

If, like mine, your SE has a thin black button on the back you need not worry about the no ca error anymore because you will always be able to boot to revovery and reflash from a web browser without the pain of having to find a null modem cable and the right version of Dreamup.

If you ever had to recover you can do so by just flashing a compatible image. i.e. you do not need to flash a bootloader separately. However, if you do not have the Mini Flashup button then it's a case of Null Modem Cable, Dreamup and a compatible base image for your bootloader coz trying to flash a full image would take forever using Dreamup.

The image via the link will be fine but again I'd run it from HDD or USB coz it will grow in size.

Finally, I'm a bit of a nutter so might not be a good example but I have run Ferari, Sim 2, BL you name it on my SE and never bricked it. Only time I ever saw no ca was when I got really cheeky and tried to flash a kosher image to it like the rebel than I am.

• just go for it m8, the 800se uses a mini USB cable for noCAerror recovery not a null-232

& you will be able to flash the latest Images as ssl84 is already loaded.
    using I.E flash the latest bootloader, then click back the browser & then flash image

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• What have I done now... :( I flashed that image from browser and everything was fine until it got stuck at 95%

If I didnt have bad luck I'd have no luck

Do I need to flash 84d bootloader for this first?

Can anyone help me with this?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!