dm500s ltd access

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,478 times. The last Post () by eagles131.

• hi guys

been given a second hand dm500s

prob is ftp pass must be changed so cant use that

also i dont have access to null connection on pc, and there seem to be a lot of menu options missing.

is there anything i can do to update image or even change login ?

i seen talk about an addon to change pass but no add onn in the menu.

software is ps1uk v1.0 which i think is ancient

thanks

• Official Post

You could try a factory reset which should set the username/password back to root/dreambox..

## Reset a forgotten password on your dreambox ##

Commando 14.7 is the best option for a DM500..

If you have no cables your only option is with Flashwizard tool or via Telnet..
    How to flash an image using Telnet:

• Rename Commando_14-7-dm500 image file to backup
    • Using your favourite FTP program. FTP the image file to the /tmp folder on the dm500
    • Telnet to your box and type, or copy and paste the following command:

Code
    cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

To telnet, use Dreambox Control Center, Putty or in windows click START > RUN > and type cmd. A command window will appear.
    Type Telnet ip.address.of.dreambox and press enter> type root and press enter> type dreambox and press enter (if you have changed your password, enter your password instead of dreambox).

• thanks for that mate
    i have no factory reset showing in my menus, seems to be a lot not showing, no access to cccam either.

I've seen that image, it belongs to a big payserver from liverpool, only option is to re-flash it with dreamup, you must know someone with an old pc with a serial port that would let you use it for 12 minutes :)

• from the addons menu download tux com ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you can overide the password from there...
    If you have forget the pass of your dreambox here is how to reset it saving the need to reflash.

1) Install and run TuxBox Commander plugin via your images download manager

2) Choose directory to edit=var/etc/passwd

3) Remove the encrypted password.

--> ATTENTION !!!! THE PASSWD file only !!! NOT the passwd- be careful you dont choose passwd-

3.1) In the file /etc/passwd is the line:
    root:b:0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh or something as !!!
    root:ililililinsatshares:0:0:root:/roo t:/bin/sh

3.2) the password field is the b or the encripted string ililililinsatshares

3.3) Delete the b or the string the line now is:root::0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh for the DM500

if you are using another DM keep the root as it is you must delete ONLY the string.

4) Save the file and exit

5) Telnet to your DB with root user without password

6) Create a new root password with the command : " passwd "

7) Reboot and password is sucsessfully changed

• thanks for the reply mate, but read previous posts
    this is a box passed onto me, and seems to be a distributed box from liverpool with default changed and ltd menu access
    cant access very much in the menus , no addons, cccam ect

• Open the box and check if serial lead has been disconnected, failing that you will need a pc with a proper serial connection, usb to serial is hit and miss.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!