help setting up smargo on DM800 with Oscam+CCcam

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,695 times. The last Post () by casper13.

• Hi Again guys, I wondered if you could help me again :) I got Smargo USB card Reader 'good price on ebay' - since found out by another section on here it is a fake looked inside and it has MUP on reader! hoping still works, but I wondered how i setup up oscam and cccam to read this instead of internal reader, at moment think i have oscam set as reader being lower card and protocol internal, please can you advise on how i setup to use smargo clone! if it works that is, what do I need to change in oscam and cccam to get it to read?

• Official Post

Edit the reader in oscam.server.

Setup smargo in normal mode not dreambox and set the frequency you want using the smargo windows utility
    You also have to activate the drivers on the DM800 for smargo via blue button and then add kernel modules.

• Thanks for reply, have been trying windows util but not finding smargo reader?? Could be is clone? Penny pinching again but got for good price from good old e*ay the rest sounds straight forward, get green light on reader when pop in laptop but utils won't recognise? Guess I need original smargo!

• Hi Exelrator ;

1- Attach Smargo Utils: smartreader_v103 & smartreader_v4.1 (1st You hve to configure on Windows)
    Set smargo up in dreambox and set the frequency you want using the smargo windows utility

Unpack the tools zip file .
    Plug the smargo into a USB port on your PC.
    Windows will detect the new device.
    Do a manual drivers install , pointing to the Drivers_Windows folder.
    It will prompt for drivers for the USB device , then again for the serial device. OK, once the drivers are installed we're ready to go.
    Make sure the smargo is plugged into the PC with NO viewing card in it.

Firstly, we need to check the smargo firmware version, so run the SmartreaderUpdate.exe

If the firmware is v1.3 it will say so in the status bar at the bottom of the window and you can close this util, if not, click the update button and it will apply the update.
    Now we need to put the smargo in the correct mode to run directly in the Dreambox. So run the Smartreader.exe and change the kernel settings to Dreambox and click
    Apply.

2- Then Make sure ur DM 800 Image Kernel support smargo reader & drivers are already installed.

Hope it wl help

Regards

Shata

• Hi again, still stuck with this, tried to update reader using tools, but all I get in update tool is bar says version 1.3 so left alone when press update, the other tool I try selecting dreambox and select doesn't appear to change anything? I get green light when plugging into laptop, but when I put in dreambox on screen says found USB device green light is on but when I put sly card in it goes out try to select cams cccam oscam etc. But no luck, also added USB lines in cccam etc. Any ideas please, given my track record bet it's something I've done or not doing lol

• Hi again, kernel module ftdi-sio is installed 'usb ftdi serial converter driver'
    module pl2302 serial adapter drive, usb HID driver and usb serial driver.
    couldn't see any drivers for smartreader itself, am i missing something do i need to manual install some other drivers?

• Try to chk out on DM800HD clone images for an image supporting Smargo reader... it wl save a lot of time & hassale.

• M8 .. got confused ..
    If ur smargo is detected by DM 800 that g8 then the porblem is cam config... but if not detected @ all .. its either your Image not supporting smargo or as u smargo is dodgy..

Try : to chk ur smargo with

How to Install Oscam on Windows PC

l

• Hi again thanks for all your support and suggestions after many! hours of trying still no luck with smargo, thought it was clone smargo so ordered original - same problem :too_sad:
    I had since found i only tried to programme via vista and win 7, think part of problem was i didn't get message after programme to say succesful, however have now programmed on xp and got message succesful, problem is can not get device to be recognised on dm800? it see's USB device but doesn't operate smargo, get green light until put in sly uk card then light flickers and goes out, have tried everything can think of but still no luck :waaaht:
    now trying other images on barry allan with smargo support in hope one will work, would i be correct in thinking I should only have to enter boxkey then?
    also on the smartreader programmer i am unsure what to set the EGT to is this the clock frequency? what should i set this to for sly uk please?

• Hi Guys, thanks for all suggestions, sure I must have just missed something with smargo, but no matter what image settings etc. have tried couldn't get to work!
    Anyway, for anyone experiencing same problem now or in future, don't waste money or time on smargo, just get twin usb fan cooler, dreambox sits on top and is powered from usb port, pretty silent and sly card nice and cool 'simples' :-) and best of all cost few pounds only including postage from ebay just search for usb twin cooler, i got one inc. postage for £2.95!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!