New to Openbox S9

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,290 times. The last Post () by alibaba1802.

• I'm awaiting the delivery of my new Openbox S9 today. I previously owned a DM500 and I have a few questions I hope you can help me with. In order for S'y Box Office to work I had to download the satellite file and the bouquetts and upload them to my dreambox. Is there a similar thing I need to do for the Openbox? Secondly, will the openbox stream to my Mac or to the internet? Finally are there any Mac utilities that will help me with my new box?

Thanks,

Joe

• I can answer the first bit of your question anyways!

You can load a channel list via usb..

You can find the special openbox channel list on the forum!

Normal channel lists like for the dreambox won't do it!

• To add to the above post you cant stream from the openbox to a pc. You can however record to a usb drive either in dvr format with older firmware or transport stream with the later firmware then watch the recording on the pc. there is a took to convert the dvr format to ts. vlc media player will play the recording on the pc. Not sure about mac tools for the openbox sorry.

• thank you both for your help. I am having a bit of trouble with some of the channels from the channel list I downloaded saying 'no signal' BBC HD and others. I factory reset and scanned 28.2e but it didnt find bbc HD. what could be the problem?

thanks

• No, your openbox will not stream to your Mac and no Mac utilities for openbox.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!