Best place to buy other than WOS

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,211 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Looking for a TM 5402 was wondering where the best place to buy as was let down by WOS.

Having decided to bin the sly box and find an alternate satellite box I today plumped for TM-5402HD GRADE A at £115 from WOS only to receive an email half an hour later they are out of stock.so take my money from my credit card then see if you have any in stock?

• Were you refunded by WOS? If so what was the problem? Do you not think this happens with other shops. I'm sorry to tell you that it does. I have had issues with a certain shop in Sevenoaks where the same thing happened as what happened to you, and more recently with another shop in Leicester where the owner became quite abusive and it ended up with me having to get PayPal involved to get my money back when the seller tried to punt off a faulty receiver on me.

Mistakes happen, thats the joy of buying online or over the phone. If somebody doesn't update the stock list then yes what happened to you does sometimes happen. I have purchased many items from WOS and have never had any problems, most of these transactions were before WOS became the forum sponsor so in no way am i being biased.

WOS have always been accommodating and i would recommend them 100% over other shops in this business. I have had receivers from them before and i have not got on with them for one reason or another and Stef at WOS has offered to have the box back with a full refund. I have never taken up the offer and have chosen to sell the receiver at a loss to myself, but at least the offer was made.

If somebody taking your money then realising they haven't got the stock and then refunding you is enough of a major concern that you don't want to use them again then very soon you won't have many shops you will deal with. Mistakes happen, its how they are resolved that matters.

Nano

• Correct on how is resolved is what matters,the rest was a bit long winded and gave up half way through.
    If they had came back with an alternative I would have been more than happy to accept.

• i had ordered a smargo from WOS then noticed they were out of stock. it was my fault but i contacted them for a refund and got one even though it was 5 AM:16_002: hows that for service. Anytime i've ordered a box its always been next day delivery.
    As far as the octagon goes, after winning my first one on here i bought another so that tells you how good they are. i have nothing but praise for the forum sponsor

• I wont recommend anyone as the site has a forum sponsor what i will do is say dont go for the 5402HD get the TM F3/5 which is basically a DrHD D15 with IPTV feature and if you look around its currently at £99 brand new

• I wont recommend anyone as the site has a forum sponsor what i will do is say dont go for the 5402HD get the TM F3/5 which is basically a DrHD D15 with IPTV feature and if you look around its currently at £99 brand new

Hi Digi247
    Thanks for that will have a look,i'm new to all this and was looking for a box that would record a couple of channels,again thanks for the heads up.

• Digi seen your feedback on that model has the picture quality improved any and the GUI problem,do either of these problems make a big difference,did the new patch from 28/01 help any? Don't see much support for this model yet.
    Again thanks for the help I really appreciate it.
    Billy

If they had came back with an alternative I would have been more than happy to accept.

At the end of the day you purchased a Grade A Technomate box that was probably an open box product. If it had already been sold to somebody else or what ever reason there was for it not being available you cannot expect the shop to offer you a brand new receiver or something different for the same cost as an alternative.

When this happens its easier for a shop to refund the money rather than try and refund or charge you the difference. This will be the same with any other retailer.

I have dealt with a lot of retailers, some i wouldn't ever touch with a barge pole like the retailer in Leicester i mentioned earlier . Some are better than others, some are worse than others, but at the end of the day if a retailer cannot provide you with what you have asked for them, legislation only requires them to refund any money paid.

At least they had the decency to inform you of the problem quickly rather than letting you wait for weeks before you contact them after waiting for your item to find out what the issue was.

I hope you find an alternative retailer to buy your products from, but at the end of the day i'm sure if you gave WOS another go they would offer the same excellent service that i receive every time i use them.

Nano

Edited 2 times, last by nano ().

• If they had asked for an extra tenner for the boxed one I would have been happy to pay the difference,as it is I have to wait until i'm refunded before I can buy from elsewhere which is usually 3 to 5 working days.
    I had planned to set it up this weekend seen as i'm off but obviously that's not happening.

• @ billyflem, we only had one TM5402HD Grade A, unfortunately a customer came to our unit and purchased yesterday, the stock in our online cart system had not updated yet.

We can still offer you another £5 discount code against another receiver, check your email.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• Digi seen your feedback on that model has the picture quality improved any and the GUI problem,do either of these problems make a big difference,did the new patch from 28/01 help any? Don't see much support for this model yet.
    Again thanks for the help I really appreciate it.
    Billy

I believe a New patch is on its way one thing for TM is they do get on with it, I may be a little picky but after owning other HubTech clones like the DrHD these little niggles should not be present i am confident it will get sorted, Its certainly worth it over the 5402 just for the IPTV feature and others as well

• Many thanks digi my new box arrived today,I am so far impressed,there is a fault with the GUI but thats no biggy,the HD channels look very good,not sure how much use i'll get out of IPTV at the moment but at least i'm future proof.
    Spent weeks researching the 5402 and it wasn't wasted as the F3/F5 is similar by the looks of it.
    Have also joined the Technomate forum to keep updated with whats going on.
    Thanks again digi very pleased.

• billyflem if you had used paypal it would have been refunded straight away and would only have taken upto 2 hours to appear back in your bank. you could try that next time perhaps. hope that helps

Just for note it doesn't go back in straight away I had this problem last month and it took 5-7 working days to return from paypal as it's help by them for what I don't no but when you need the money a pain in the asre lol

• Guys if you want to talk about your new box please start a thread in the Technomate section as the thread is going totally off topic.

This thread has run it course now so i am going to close it.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!