vu+duo mororised dish set up help

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,945 times. The last Post () by redout.

• i need put a 80cm motorized dish for my vu+duo to get more channels which i can watch
    my setup so far is
    vu+duo fixed 28.2e quad lnb 2 feed go to sly hd box and 2 go to my vu+duo ,my sly card is in the duo ,
    no i want to put 80 cm mororised dish ,have ordered a superior dark motor ,set of T and K clamps a sat finder set,
    i want to do it separate to my fixed sly dish ,,
    can some one tell me where to start and how to set it up ,,
    have read that i need to get my latitude and longitude from multimap.com
    iam at 53.69 so it will be 90-53.7=36.3 that would be the elevation which i need to set up on the motor ,,
    my qs are
    1 what should be the elevation of the dish you know the bracket which is attached to the dish ,,has got some angle at the back as well ,where you can tilt it up and down ,,does it has to be vertical ,,how do i set this up ,,
    and how do you set up the settings in the vu+duo ,,have been reading but the setting were for other recievers
    2 i have got 2 lnbs one is Philips sx1019universal single lnb and a zinwell quad lnb part no ZKF-BJ44
    will they work with my setup or need to get a new lnb as well ,,if yes which one you recommend
    a inverto high gain lnb 0.2 db
    b dark gold 0.2db
    or any other recommendation

any good way forward ,,thanks

• I have advised you on another forum about the inverto lnb!

My advice is throw up the dish and motor!

Find your lat and long...

Check out the dish pointer link on the top of the page..

And use Usals..

One feed to your duo from the *** dish!

One feed from the Motor!

• There is usually a chart at the back of the motor manual which gives you the correct DISH elevation setting according to the Motors Elevation !
    ie
    for me...... my motor elevation is set to 51.5 north which means my dish Elevation has to be set to 27.5 according to the chart i had !
    this settings can be made prior to the installation along wiv the usuals set up ! if you follow the instructions correctly you should only have to align the dish on the moter to 1 reference satellite ! and this would be done by moving only the motor left or right on the pole cos the dish will be set to its position on the motor already wiv usuals !

Like glenviewjf said

throw up the dish and motor

and then you will have a reference point to work from !

i would use 13e or 28e as a reference point cos they're both pretty strong signals to find in the uk !

Rik

here is a link to my very rough guide. . . . . being Plumb is key to a spot on motorised install !

http://linuxsat-support.com/sh…sed-set-up.html#post19204

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Agree with the guys above , i have the same install, get the pole dead square! (this is the key - mine was off originally and caused issues) , setup the motor and dish perfectly in line (square) and fit pointing as close to true south as poss!, setup usals as per instructions and go to satfinder and tune to 0.8W, get a good fix and align dish with satmeter for top signal, once thats done check all the other sats using default transponder! , will take 2-3 hours but trial and error is key!!

• Make sure to make tuner A - single 28e and tuner B - USALS.

People have reported trouble doing it the other way around for some reason.

Londres 1992 - París 2006 - Roma 2009 - Londres 2011

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!