How to : Compile Oscam on ClearOS 5.1

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,673 times. The last Post () by europea.

• Official Post

This guide is based on a fresh installed ClearOS box, but i see no problems using this guide on a exstising machine. I have no idea if this works on other linux distros like the old clarke connect, feel free to test and report in this thread, althought i had no problems on ClearOS 5.1
    This guide will fix any missing library files that make Oscam fail to start.

Upload your Oscam config files to /usr/local/etc/ and Oscam file in /usr/local/bin/.
    Check that all the files in /usr/local/etc/ has chmod 644, also Oscam file in /usr/local/bin/ should also have chmod 755.
    Execute the Oscam bin file, if you have done everything correct it will start without any error messages. Best thing is to type the command ./oscam -b and check the file oscam.log in /var/log/.
    For making oscam autostart each time you restart or start your server simply:

Code
    nano /etc/rc.d/rc.local

In the empty space at the bottom under the last line you add:

Code
    /usr/local/bin/oscam

Then Ctrl+O for save and then Ctrl+X for exit the editor.

• I made to install oscam,but now have another problem,when start i get this:oscam: /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by oscam)
    oscam: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.8' not found (required by oscam).
    needs a newer version of glibc than CentOS provides - I believe I need glibc 2.8, but CentOS comes with 2.5.If I am not wrong.How to fix this?

• I made to install oscam,but now have another problem,when start i get this:oscam: /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by oscam)
    oscam: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.8' not found (required by oscam).
    needs a newer version of glibc than CentOS provides - I believe I need glibc 2.8, but CentOS comes with 2.5.If I am not wrong.How to fix this?

I have the same problem..

Please help us.

Thanks

• I found a possible solution on the oscam forum, please try

Code
    zypper install libcrypto.so.0.9.8

Code
    zypper install libpcsclite.so.1

If not your quickest route is probably to reinstall either Ubuntu or Debian OS.

thanks for fast replay.I try this but didnt help.unknown command,when use this.any other solution?i already have Ubuntu server,and works OK.Oscam and cccam.I whant make second with ClearOS.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!