VU Duo New Image.

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 758 times. The last Post () by master G.

• I'm going to reference this post first, just for a bit of background.

Anyway.....I upgraded my VU Duo to the Latest VIX 3.0 808...Could I hell get it set up right....My VU Duo is visible on my Network...With VIX 2.1..With VIX 3.0 808...It was
    not visible at all (this was with a clean install) I also tried this back up image OpenVIX 3.0 - 521 VU+ Duo Backup By musogeek and did the on-line updates....Still not visible on my network.
    I also struggled to get OpenWebif to work....I have no bother with Webinterface on VIX 2.1..........So I ended up putting VIX 2.1 back on the box, I just could not get it exactly as I wanted it with
    OpenWebinterface and the VU Duo not showing on my network on the iMac.

I know I need to upgrade to a newer image but I'm not prepared to put a newer image on that offers me less than what I had...

On to my question....Can anyone recommend a back up image that is as user friendly as VIX 2.1 with webinterface and visibility on my network...I'm not tied to any one image...All I would like is an image that does
    exactly what the old one does, but obviously newer, I would also like to try Fraggles S*y skin if possible.

Many thanks.

• I did try this.

right click on Finder on yer Mac, connect to server, type this in the address bar where it sais Server Address:
    smb://vuduo

But it failed to show anything.

So how come It's instantly visible with VIX 2.1

• So by default It's turned off on the VU Duo...Yes ?
    And if I had done the above it would be visible on the network ?
    What about the OpenMebif/Webinterface ?

I think I might try OpenVIX 3.0 - 521 VU+ Duo Backup By musogeek
    one more time.......Unless there is a newer one.

I really do like the VIX images....And would prefer to stick to an image I'm comfortable with.

• By default samba is off in the Vix image bud, not your duo.... if you enable it then yes your duo should be visible on your home network.

If I were you I would try a clean install of the latest ViX 3.0 808, the backup from musogeek is excellent but there have been a lot of updates etc since it was made..... remember to backup all your configs etc first.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• not really bud, I take it you mean accessing it through your browser??? just make sure that in the openwebif settings you set a port so you can connect to it. For example if I wanted to view the openwebif info I would use this in my browser :

http://theipaddyofyourbox:1234/ (the number 1234 is the what you would need to have set as the port number in the settings under Http port)

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!