Openbox/***box Differences

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 681 times. The last Post () by Gordnil.

• Hi all,

I'm looking to get a basic 2nd box for upstairs & the only HD input on the TV there is component RGB. I've seen a few Openbox & ***box models that look like they'd do the trick, but I'm fairly baffled by the different models. Are there any to avoid? The obvious ones I've seen so far are the Openbox S9 and X5 and the ***box F3 or F3S, which all seem to do have component output. There seem to be quite a few other models as well, some that come in SCART or HD versions.

Other than the output, I'd want it to do softcam emulation and being able to get a decent channel list would be good as well.

• Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm really only looking for a basic, cheap box, I'm not looking at spending the kind of money needed for an SE. It doesn't need anything more than a half-decent channel list, softcam emulation and now & next EPG.

My main box is a DM800HD, I'm happy using that for recording, streaming, EPG, etc.

• Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm really only looking for a basic, cheap box, I'm not looking at spending the kind of money needed for an SE. It doesn't need anything more than a half-decent channel list, softcam emulation and now & next EPG.

My main box is a DM800HD, I'm happy using that for recording, streaming, EPG, etc.

Hi celtic,

since your main box is DM800HD then if you want to go for a cheaper good linux box my suggestion is to go for Openbox S4 HD PVR. its a totally linux box.
    the picture is vivid and easy to handle.

• I have just got a s**box F5s and I can't fault it , HD. Instant record via USB stick , Excellent in my opinion and less than £50

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!