Octagon SF 8 HD V Technomate Nano

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 707 times. The last Post () by arrodball.

• Hi Guys looking for a new enigma 2 box for the bedroom nothing fancy just a solid reliable box with a single tuner i don't want to record either so whats the best around at the moment and what would you recommend the budget is around £130 which i don't want to buy something that will be obsolete in the near future.

all recommendations will be appreciated

• Have a look at the Gigablue range. I'm more than happy with both of mine. Enigma 2 receivers only have a tendency to become outdated once they stop being supported by the image teams.

Nano

• Nano

Thanks for the reply i did look at the Gigablue but the specs for the other two boxes are very similar for less money. I also agree about the support which is why i'm asking I have a VU Duo and the support for that box has been very well supported over the years but the cost of those boxes are a bit much for a simple bedroom box

• I've always been happy with the Technomate boxes i have had in the past, they are well built and have quite good support. I still use a TM800 which was classed as probably the biggest lemon that Technomate ever made, but it works fine. Its not the most exciting receiver in the world and support is more or less dead for it now but it keeps going.

If the box is only being used in the bedroom as a client box you aren't really going to need something with a really high spec. I still use my old Nokia dBox2 which by todays standard is ancient, but it still does the job it was designed to do.

• Had TM1500 back in the day first receiver I bought, like you say there well built with good support which I what I'm after really so that's why I'm leaning to the TM Nano over the Octogan but as they both run enigma once an image is installed I presume they will much the same however i do keep things until they break so that's why I want longevity from whatever I buy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!