Usb hard drive?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,042 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• No matter what I try to hook up an external hard drive 2.5, my vu solo does not detect it, does it need to be powered via its own power supply or should it work hooked up to a hard drive caddy powered by the usb? Its not seen in the device manager but is seen under hard drives but they is no option to mount or initialise the hard drive.

• I had a problem with ViX recognising my 2.5" drive. With ViX you have to install drivers if the file format is not the ext format that is usual for a linux system. If there are any drivers in your plugin feeds for ntfs and and exfat try installing these and then mount your drives. If you still have issues, then try a different lead. I once had a problem where certain Mini USB leads were not working. Make sure you use the original USB lead that came with your drive. I know you have BH, so not sure if the file formats are already set up but if not there are probably drivers to help with this.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Thanks I will give those suggestions a try and see if that sorts it, if not straight onto fleabay, really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

• Just a quick update, this may help someone else out, after lots of trial and error, I could not get an hard drive to mount or initialise within the settings of blackhole no matter what I tried, well if you download partition software, I used Mini Tool partition software(free ver) and formatted the hard drive to ext4 using my laptop and then connect it to the box, it seen it within about 60 seconds and then mounted it within blackhole, job done!!!!!! As a bit of an experiment I tried 3 other 2.5 hard drives and formatted them and all 3 were recognised. Hope this helps.

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!