Guide - Open PLI 8.3 - USB installation Guide

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,160 times. The last Post () by daveking.

• Guide to Install Open PLI 8.3 to USB

What you will need

This guide assumes you're using the uBoot bootloader. You should see UBOOT first when you turn on the receiver not nBox.
    This guide will NOT help you change bootloaders. To follow this guide change your bootloader to uBoot and then continue with the following guide.

Step One
    Download Open PLI 8.3.rar from here and Unrar it using WinRAR to any location. I did it to the Desktop.

Step Two
    Open HD Clone Premium and click restore disk then hit the next button. Then select your C Drive. Then in the second box click Users and then your
    name and then Desktop (assuming you unrar'd the file to the desktop it will be there) click on the image and press next

Step Three
    Select your USB drive as the target drive and hit next. The press on Start! and the image will be written to the disk. Once it gets near the end, it will say ask you something about partitioning the device, just click automatically. Then it should finish and click on Quit HD clone.

Step Four
    Plug the USB into the receiver. Turn it on. When you see uBoot on the front panel hit the up button.
    Keep hitting up until you find 'UsBb' then press 'OK'.

Step Five
    You should then see LOAD on the front of the box. It will boot from the USB. It should take less than 2 minutes. Any longer and something might be wrong. Repeat steps one to four following each step carefully.

Step Six
    Press the OPT key on your remote. It will be in Polish. Look through the menus until you find 'Jeyzk' this means Language in Polish. You can then change the default language to English.

CONGRATULATIONS! Open PLI 8.3 is now running from the USB.

Edited once, last by rr409 ().

• Hi, I'm really hoping your method will work for me, but I'm not sure what you mean by HD Clone Premium, I've tried to Google for it but can't find it. Can you post a link?

• hi
    Thanks for the how to.

worked great first time.

How do I install plugins to the usb image.
    also I want to add a sky skin.

thank you.

dave king

• master G

Added the Label Article

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!