Multiswitch and LNB question - will this work ?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,849 times. The last Post () by TK4|2|1.

• Hi all,

I'm planning on adding additional LNB's to my fixed dish to add 13e and 19e and maybe one more to my 28.2e setup. I'm feeding these two a twin Amiko Alien2, a TV with a Sat Tuner and another box.

My problem is that I've bought the Zinwell SAM3402 multiswitches and now I'm getting conflicting info as to whether this setup will or will not work for Europe. Would I need specific LNB's or will this simply not work at all ?

• Not sure how well this would work with a Linear polarised lnb. This switch is designed to work with Circular polarised lnbs not Linear ones. The switch is designed to work with the USAs DirecTV system.

To be honest you may have been better buying a quatrro lnb and a multiswitch designed to work with Linear polarised lnbs like a Vision V5-504. The other alternative is an Octo lnb. If you need a TV signal you can add it with a SAT/UHF combiner.

Nano

• I bought 4 of these by mistake on eBay and cancelled them within 24 hrs (over a weekend) but the guy is still insisting that he send them and that I basically signed a contract for the purchase of them and tough luck.

What are the linear polorised ones called if I was to buy / loan one ? Would I be looking for a Non-Universal Twin or a Universal Twin ? I don't need UHF so it was only for Sat stuff

• If you don't need Terrestrial i would just buy a 5ky OCTO lnb. Even though a 5ky OCTO won't illuminate a non 5ky dish correctly If its just been used for 28.2e it will be fine due to how strong the signal is within the UK.

If you haven't paid for the items yet just tell the guy you don't want it and you are not going to pay for the item. You may get a non paying bidder warning, but to be honest its pretty much a regular occurrence on ebay. If you have paid and he does send them just put in a PayPal claim as "not as described" and return them.

If they are not clearly described in every way eBay will rule in your favour.

If you PM me the item number i will have a look.

Nano

Edited once, last by nano ().

• hi, you need lnb with 4 polarisation for each satellite if you want 4 satelites you need multiswitch with 4 input

and many aout you need .

if is your house you need think about electric supply for feed your multiswicth.

with this setup you can watch different sat individualy in each reciever.

dont buy cheap multiswitch for save 30/50 pound.

any more help nedded not probleme

• If hes only feeding four dishes there isn't much point in buying a multiswitch as the cost of the switch and lnb will outweigh the cost of a standard 5ky Octo lnb.

If hes feeding five or more dishes then yes a quattro lnb and multiswitch would be better. You can buy either a receiver powered multiswitch like the Triax TMPR series, a remote powered switch like the Vision V5 series, where the power is fed remotely from a separate 18v PSU down another length of Coax or you can use a plugin switch that requires a 230v feed like the Vision V5-MP switch

Nano

Edited once, last by nano ().

• I've a Fixed dish on which I plan to mount 4 LNB's on a MultiBlock - and this will feed 3 or 4 receivers (one twin and two others). I've already bought the Zinwell 3 x 4's pictured above so do I need to fire these in the bin or can I rescue the situation by getting a particular LNB and then 3 or 4 Diseqc switches (as per the pic above) ?

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!