stream from pc to dreambox

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,740 times. The last Post () by leoiv.

• Here's a good PC guide in pdf format, rich in images: it's in Italian, but you can easily translate it.
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

However i'm trying to summarize what i did on my Mac (it should be very similar to the PC procedure):

Mac and Dreambox (Enigma 2) must obviously be on the same network (wireless or cable); the crucial point is the VLC version in your Mac:
    in my experience it only works with versions up to 1.0.5, not with the more recent ones. You can find VLC 1.0.5 for Mac here:
    Old Version for Mac Downloads - OldApps.com
    (sorry no idea for the old PC version)

Well you finally need:
    - VLC for Mac (1.0.5)
    - VLC web-plugin for Mac (last version is 1.0.5 indeed and can be found here: VideoLAN - Download official VLC media player for Mac OS X)
    - the VLC plugin for Enigma 2:
    (7025) VLC-Player DM7025 OE 1.5

you have to start VLC in your Mac and in "Add interface" select "Web interface" (everytime you want to stream!);
    now start the VLC plugin of your Dreambox and create a "Server", using these settings:

Server sddress= IP of your Mac
    HTTP Port = 8080
    Video folder= / (default)
    MPEG/DVD Video Transcoding = YES
    Video Codec = MPEG2
    Video Bitrate = 2000 (good compromise result/ Mac CPU working load)
    Video Standard = 704x576 (16:9) 25fps (PAL)
    Overscan correction = 000 (default)
    Subtitle overlap= NO (default)
    MPEG/DVD Audio Transcoding = YES
    Audio Codec = MPEG layer 2 (mp2a)
    Audio Bitrate = 128
    Audio Sampling= 44100
    Audio channels = 2

Hope it helps
    Good vision!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!