quick question chaps

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 620 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• Afternoon gents
    I have a share of a site VIP member and he says I should get sly it and others of him I get a good signal for 0.8w no probs there but when I move dish to sly it or others apart from 0.8w
    I don't get a signal now my share says my dish might not be bang on line so I went up the ladder with my distance meter and the top bracket is
    0.327 from the wall and the bottom bracket is 0.335 from the wall
    So my question is the difference between the 2 measurements will this be causing the problem it is only a slight difference as you can see

Cheers seasider

• Hello Buddy , if you are on about the pole between the t&k bracket its more important that its plumb with a spirit level and checked in 2 positions 90 degrees from each other rather than a measurment from the wall a such , eg if its facing you check it left or right of it and the side facing you , disregard any distance from the wall as it might not be plumb , if you are still struggling closer to the end of the month we have a trip your way planned and hopefully work commitments wont change,i could come give you a hand set it up in the evening rather than go straight back to the hotel , This is the first and one of the most important steps setting up a motorized dish as it wont track the arc properly if not right , the others being your dish evevation , motor elevation off the chart for the motor and the other direction you are pointing and your co-ordinates being right also for usuals and the elevation on the motor bracket you set up and dish elevation hope this make sense just woke

Steve

• Good afternoon Stevejo always a pleasure buddy
    when setting up I did use sprit level looked good all over so not sure there
    but if I stand under the pole it does look to slightly lean over towards the house got to have a fine eye to see it but the tilt is defo there by about 8mm so I will try and take a couple of washers out that I used as packers will get back soon as
    cheers again steve

seasider

• The wall doesnt really count if its not square / plumb ,turn your spirit level 180 degrees on its self to make sure it gives the same reading the other way up and its not telling lies , your bracket should be slightly slotted for adjustment if its a t&k

Make sure you have no skew on the lnb the dish rolls over on the motor doing it for you

Edited once, last by stevejo ().

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!