evo xfinity xbmc.....how to start emulators/ ccam

There are 28 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 20,731 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• LOL i never posted a wrong work on their forum, and i was banned. personally i would never consider buying from those cowboys after the alien debacle. They tout them selves as experts and the second you ask for help your gone. how there still in business is beyond me.

Because you have a commercial interest in supporting the commercial ViX images. I had hoped I had been at least of some use in pointing some in the right direction with the EVO Xfinity receivers in this thread, sadly it seems to have taken to personal attacks now, unfortunately at this point then I would bow out. Any genuine customers of ours who require genuine help by all means get in touch and we will as always do the best we can to help. Thanks.

• so what happens when a customer of yours comes to you for help with one of the unofficial ViX Zeus images your touting for the EVO line on your site ?, are you going to give them full support or palm them off as usual i wonder ?.

Rather than me answer that straight away would you care to comment on why ViX has not officially supported the Opticum AX-ODIN and EVO M7 receivers before now?

• Because you have a commercial interest in supporting the commercial ViX images. I had hoped I had been at least of some use in pointing some in the right direction with the EVO Xfinity receivers in this thread, sadly it seems to have taken to personal attacks now, unfortunately at this point then I would bow out. Any genuine customers of ours who require genuine help by all means get in touch and we will as always do the best we can to help. Thanks.

I have never had a commercial interest in ViX or any other image, I am not a trader, just a private owner using my hardware to test the ViX image on it.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Rather than me answer that straight away would you care to comment on why ViX has not officially supported the Opticum AX-ODIN and EVO M7 receivers before now?

Because we have no interest in supporting these receivers officially or otherwise. you are more than welcome to build ViX images as you are currently doing, but we wont provide any form of support for them, that's for you do sort out your self. same as with others who build unofficial images for other unsupported hardware.

ultimately which receiver gets ViX support comes down to andy black, he's the one who does the hard work and he's the one who decides who he offers his support for.

Edited once, last by pheonix ().

• Because we have no interest in supporting these receivers officially or otherwise. you are more than welcome to build ViX images as you are currently doing, but we wont provide any form of support for them, that for you do sort out. same as with others who build unofficial images for other unsupported hardware.

ultimately which receiver gets ViX support comes down to andy black, he's the one who does the hard work and he's the one who decides who he offers his support for.

That's interesting to know, thanks for the information. I agree it must surely be a lot of hard work for Andy and he personally has my complete respect, it's a shame though that his work has been touted out by others to try and get a supply deal of various brands of receivers in the past, perhaps he's aware of that though, I don't know.

That is where our view of ViX having a commercial aspect to it comes from, if you say otherwise though I will take your word for it, it's not really an issue to me either way in any case, I just always wondered what your take on it was given what we've seen in the past, perhaps things have changed since then though. Anyway not to worry, we're perfectly fine with the fact you won't want to support any images that are not your officially produced ones, not a problem to us.

:14_002:

Edited 2 times, last by Lavatronics ().

• That's interesting to know, thanks for the information. I agree it must surely be a lot of hard work for Andy and he personally has my complete respect, it's a shame though that his work has been touted out by others to try and get a supply deal of various brands of receivers in the past, perhaps he's aware of that though, I don't know.

That is where our view of ViX having a commercial aspect to it ViX comes from, if you say otherwise though I will take your word for it, it's not really an issue to me either way in any case, I just always wondered what your take on it was given what we've seen in the past, perhaps things have changed since then though. Anyway not to worry, we're perfectly fine with the fact you won't want to support any images that are not your officially produced ones, not a problem to us.

:14_002:

It goes without saying that gaining official support from any of the BIG image teams would be a massive draw for any STB manufacturer and to claim otherwise would be naive to say the least, and some manufacturers provide a limited number of test receivers to ensure that their hardware works with the image, but i have no involvement in any such dealings nor would i want to.

You just have to look on the Chinese sites where cloners claim to have official support from certain teams to see how it's it's financially beneficial to them, thats just the way of the world. but to say that I personally have a commercial interest is not only wrong but legally slanderous. If any thing you your self are cashing in on the ViX name by touting your ViX images for the EVO boxes, no doubt when users see those they believe they will be getting official ViX support, which they are most certainly not.

• OK you didn't quite get the point on who was offering the ViX image to who in terms of getting a deal for the receivers, never mind it's clearly not the area you deal in yourself, would sure make interesting reading to someone one day though I'm sure, but still we'll leave that for another day... I'd say posts on this forum itself given the impression you personally have a commercial interest but if you say otherwise then so be it it's only the impression some give, it's the emails we've got with request for supply of the EVO range (then known as Optibox) that sure give the impression of a commercial aspect to ViX as a whole and thereby it would have to be those or at least most associated with it but you say not so it's one to debate another day, it's not really that interesting to me either way right now to be honest had just been interested in your take on things.

I would say there are genuine slanderous comments directed to some on this thread but I don't think from our direction but in the grand old scheme of things I don't expect it's likely to be to damaging to anyone so again not really of any great interest.

Anyway have a great rest of the evening in any case, as I said previously but got a little side tracked I will be leaving this thread as is now, if anyone of our own customers requires help with the EVO Xfinity that's not already been covered then please feel free to get in touch by the usual means (not via the forum here please as we really can't promise to be here all the time) and we'll do what we can, and still to the guy who potentially has a genuine hardware issue if you think you have get in touch and let's get it back so we can deal with it for you, it's highly unlikely to be me personally you'll speak to if you call but no matter it can still be dealt with. Thanks to all.

• You were not a Lavatronics customer, you purchased from the Irish distributor but ended up coming to our forum for support, I'm afraid you need to speak with your own countries supplier for support in this case, it's not something we had decided to support online channel list wise and still take this view, it's a technical support forum only for Lavatronics customers, sorry we couldn't help but then it really wasn't our place to be helping in this instance.

So why was I banned then....because i bought from another supplier?
    Gimme a break,ye choose what ye want to answer and everyone else is shut out.
    Its known all over the net,ye'd have a lot more sales if a little respect was shown to other potential costumers.
    Plus the aftersales service is non existant aswell,friend of mine bought a few units from ye and was banned for asking about a warranty.
    He was told to ask in the forum....but he was banned!!....what a joke.
    I've a supplier here in ireland thats'll knock at least 10-15% off Lavatronics prices.
    PM me for his website,full aftersales service and no bull****....I run the channel list updater so you wont even need to go searching.
    I dont like this "if you dont buy then we dont help policy".....thats not a way to run a businness.
    I think a seperate thread with a pole should be created....
    Freck

• Ok, enough is enough.

This thread was originally "evo xfinity xbmc.....how to start emulators/ ccam"

I think we can all see that it is now going off topic slightly.... Thread Closed.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!