evo xfinity xbmc.....how to start emulators/ ccam

There are 28 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 20,688 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• just updated box via lavatronics third party link.....features are now displayed....just have to suss out

cheers (very good iptv interface on it....press blue button to update list ... instant update)

• hi i bought one of these boxes from sat-shop.co.uk and i cant get any help or answers what so ever from them they have blocked me from the support forum for telling them they had released the box for sale without any real understanding of how it works or any support for its customers, so before i take a hammer to it and send it back im trying to find any other information that could help me put the channels into some sort of usable order

• hi i bought one of these boxes from sat-shop.co.uk and i cant get any help or answers what so ever from them they have blocked me from the support forum for telling them they had released the box for sale without any real understanding of how it works or any support for its customers,

sadly that's the common thing when users ask for help from them, they are more than happy to take your cash but ban you in a second if you ask them for support.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• For the record no one would ever and has ever been banned for such reasons alone, there will always be more to it, not that we are obligated to offer support at all but no one would ever be banned for that alone... It sounds like you've kind of answered it already though, it's just a technical support forum.

To go back to the receiver itself though we're as aware as anyway and more on how they work I can assure you of that, I've spent the best part of the past two weeks working on nothing much else (bar the few days we had issues when we swapped to a new ISP). Right now you can not group channels in categories, or rather you can but they won't be saved on reboot. We know why this is and it directly relates to Tvheadend (that's used to talk between DVB-S/S2 tuner and XBMC) and we hopefully know what's required here so we have passed the information back along with a few other things that need looking at.

Issues such as this are not something we can directly change ourselves and it needs the manufacturer to jump in which is what should be happening, we have been promised something new for the end of this week and will look to test when we have it for these specific issues but of course make no promises ourselves, but I'm extremely hopeful.

Is this the only major issue you have right now on the DVB-S/S2 side of things that you can't put channels in any kind of order or is there something more? If so let me know we can get them reported, but all being well if we get this issue addressed not only should we have favourite categories but we should be very much on the way to full 7 day EPG (we already have this via another method but would prefer to do it what we think is the proper way) and hopefully auto channel tune very similar to AutoBouquets. I can't make promises on all of this as a lot of making this possible is out of our hands but can sure promise you we're putting plenty of time and effort into these along with the other products we need to support of course. Of course there are also plenty of other things to be looking at and not just the DVB-S/S2 side of things given the nature of what the receiver is, so everything takes a little time and can't happen instantly but be under no doubts we've dedicated much (perhaps to much!) time to this receiver over recent weeks, it's great to see it all starting to come together as well which hopefully you will see the fruits of ours and others work very soon.

Just to answer one more of the above questions though, we sure can't be getting involved with card sharing as I'm sure you can understand why but happy to say that providing you are using the third party firmware there is a full custom version of OScam pre-installed and you can access the OScam Web Interface at http://ip-address-of-receiver:8888 - no username or password required for the web interface.

Edited 4 times, last by Lavatronics ().

• hello guys ,sorry for getting back so late....this box is brill

goto smartcard section in the live tv side of menu (this option is available after 3rd party update)
    goto service list,turn on my ccam

you then open a page with ccam at the top
    then enter cline details
    press red button to start

and there you go job done

i am not to savy with this side,but i got it going....and it runs 99.9%

n.b
    i am sure all the team at lavatronics are working on updates ,addons etc. It is in there interest as they want to sell them
    this is a new box....as an installer ,this box has great potential for making a few quid from punters looking for multi media android box.,with emulator

I have installed mashup on mine,and apart from an odd reboot....it works very well
    future updates will prob sort this

• seen this video on youtube,maybe help you to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUJ9mJ46T7U

• so why cant i comment any more on the lavatronics support forum after you deleted my comments?? you have also deleted the evo xfinity section.
    no the channel grouping is not the only issue, the box continually crashes to the xbmc boot screen and sits there doing nothing,i have flashed it with all the versions of the firmware you have relesed on the lavatronics forum and it still does the same thing after scanning in channels and trying yo use the xbmc-navi x programme. i have wasted £150 buying this box when i could have just bought another xbmc android box to run seperatly from my existing satellite receiver.
    personally i would like a refund on the box as it is definitely not up to the description you give in your ad,or will i be banned from commenting on this forum aswell for giving my opinion on your box,lavatronics??????

• I have checked you out on the Lavatronics forum assuming you are using the same name as here, there are no restrictions on your account so you are not blocked from posting, however I can see you did have two posts removed in the space of around 20 minutes several days ago, this is because both posts directly asked about c and n lines - not something we'll be supporting or discussing I'm afraid hence they didn't see the light of day on the forum. It's true we have removed the section on the forum right now as unfortunately your type of post was becoming to common and the section being used for anything other than technical support, hence for now it's gone but may return in the future, though there is surely nothing at all we've advertised the receiver as doing that it's not already capable of, I think the problem here is you have perhaps assumed more than has been actually offered, but no problem anyway, we're more than happy with the product as are many and future support and development is very much on going, our focus as a business is geared more towards distribution and support these days and tends to be not something we do online, but retail still plays a big part and that's who our own forum is there for in terms of free technical support only.

The above problems you report seem to be two things. For sure the very original firmware had the issue of rebooting, that was many weeks ago though and all firmware releases since have this cured, which makes we wonder if perhaps you have not actually loaded the new firmwares on correctly in fact, perhaps think you have but not? We can sure look further into that with you though not a problem.

The Navi-X thing, you are right it crashes the box right now as it can't access their portal, that's the same with every XBMC install in the world though! It's nothing to do with the receiver but simply that the Navi-X site has had terrible problems with being up and down in the past two weeks or so, that's nothing at all related to the receiver itself though Check out the website here:

Code
    http://www.navixtreme.com/

If this site works (as it is right now as I've checked but wasn't again yesterday) then chances are the Naxi-X portal will load - it's exactly the same with XBMC the world over no matter if it's on a phone, computer, Android, Linux etc. Naxi-X is a third party application and nothing as such to do with any receiver or XBMC itself.... There are plenty of other alternatives though.

From what I can gather from what you've said you just need to get a little more understanding on what the receiver is and who is (or isn't) responsible for what when things perhaps don't work but back to the original thing with the rebooting, what you describe is sure the classic thing of the original stock firmware from weeks ago so my suggestion would be check and double check you have loaded new firmware, if you need a guide to loading I can help with this, if you are 100% sure it's still an issue then we've no problem at all in you popping the receiver back to us and even better bring it in yourself so we can test while you're there, but either way it's never a problem that can't be sorted you just need to give our sales line a call with your order information and everything can be taken from there.

• Well I have tried several times to post asking for updates on the progress with firmware and it says I do not have permission to post.
    So you have removed the section because you were getting too many questions regarding channel listing and general operation of the box??? Surely that is what a support forum is for! That shows me there is many other people with the same questions, you were more than happy to take our money but when we want to know about this box and it's capabilities you ignore us and delete the section?.....great support!
    I have loaded the firmware onto the box as you instructed and I have another Xbmc android box and so do many of my friends and work colleagues all using navi-x with no problems at all. Yes it may be a bit sluggish at peak times but this box crashes altogether.
    What a waste of time and money this box is and your support forum is anything but a 'support forum' when it comes to this box.
    I want help, not excuses on why it doesn't work.

• You don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of what we will and won't support, what we are obliged to support and what is or isn't the receiver at fault, not a problem. As I say if you are sure there is a fault with your specific receiver that's hardware related then we've no problem at all in you popping the receiver back to us and even better bring it in yourself so we can test while you're there, but either way it's never a problem that can't be sorted you just need to give our sales line a call with your order information and everything can be taken from there.

• I have to agree with the guys above,I was booted off the lavatronics "help forum" for asking for info on a channel list for an amiko combo box.
    My IP was banned???
    Forums are for two sided discussions and not for choosing who you want to answer and throw your toys out of the pram when your asked a difficult question.
    I've had posts removed etc.....Lavatronics are known for their forum behavior and I'm glad that its popped up here.
    I go by the same username as I do on here as well if you want to check.
    I thought that the site was down but I managed to get on via my mobile phone IP and all my posts were deleted without reason.
    Sneaky tactics.....not even a pm from admin.
    Freck

• LOL i never posted a wrong work on their forum, and i was banned. personally i would never consider buying from those cowboys after the alien debacle. They tout them selves as experts and the second you ask for help your gone. how there still in business is beyond me.

• You were not a Lavatronics customer, you purchased from the Irish distributor but ended up coming to our forum for support, I'm afraid you need to speak with your own countries supplier for support in this case, it's not something we had decided to support online channel list wise and still take this view, it's a technical support forum only for Lavatronics customers, sorry we couldn't help but then it really wasn't our place to be helping in this instance.

• You were not a Lavatronics customer, you purchased from the Irish distributor but ended up coming to our forum for support, I'm afraid you need to speak with your own countries supplier for support in this case, it's not something we had decided to support online channel list wise and still take this view, it's a technical support forum only for Lavatronics customers, sorry we couldn't help but then it really wasn't our place to be helping in this instance.

so what happens when a customer of yours comes to you for help with one of the unofficial ViX Zeus images your touting for the EVO line on your site ?, are you going to give them full support or palm them off as usual i wonder ?.

Edited once, last by pheonix ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!