Question about creating IPK to Ten Below

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 468 times. The last Post () by master G.

• I've got question to Ten Below if he is still about.

Please read this carefully to understand .

I read your guide about creating ipk. This guide is brilliant .

As I got plenty of boxes in different location I decided to make first ipk. I will just mention now that original size of ipk is 32kb

I have done it and FTP it to /tmp

Opkg install and works lovely - settings applied .

But then obviously I put ipk on online drive.

And I wanted to check it if everything works ok , so :

Cd /tmp
    wget -P /tmp http:/my_online_disk_server/my_file.ipk
    Opkg install /tmp/my_file.ipk

And got error "invalid magic number"

First I checked /tmp folder if ipk is there and it was . Run one more time opkg install on telnet and still same error. I checked size of ipk and it was 108kb.
    First thought maybe file corrupted on server , so I went the on Firefox/windows7 put the same link which I used in Telnet. File downloaded and has size of 32kb.i FTP this to tmp on box and install it and it worked everything.

So my question is

Why "wget" command change file size and make it corrupted ???

Is that because I did not include md5 checksum with ipk file ???

I read somewhere that all files downloaded suppose to have md5 on Linux based systems as plenty of errors receiving, is that true?

Thanks for help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Official Post

"invalid magic number"

The ipk you are trying to install is the wrong python version for your image, e.g you are trying to install a py2.6 compiled file on a latest image.
    I think your ipk is fine buddy & md5 checksum is not required for ipk, simply a case of the wrong python version i think.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!