Safest approach with new account / card

There are 30 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,176 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• I've spent some time reviewing existing threads regarding the new pairing algorithm.

I'd cancelled my account last year and have just re-signed following a promotional offer. I've yet to get the card, but my goal is to use it in my VU+ Duo - I'm not really interested in CS.

I understand the trick using an older Thomson box, but I'm not sure that's going to wash when they're sending me a new card and box (surely it will look v.suspicious if I try to activate on an old box with a brand new account).

I do have my old SD ***+ box, which sounds like another option (albeit barring the HD channels I'd hoped to start using).

I'll be committed to 12 months if I activate the card, so I'm wondering whether to just bin the idea and cancel now...

Cheers,
    Can

• add multiroom after saying you already have a box and wiring you need a card for it ,youll need to leave it a month after the start of your contract at least the other option is to just get a share from someone reliable and not sign up ,I wouldnt join sly just to use a duo and not be sharing with others so best have a think this could be a cost to you for no reason

• there is a way newcard paired on new slybox(DRX890W-C) works on oscam & clear all channels :29_002:

This is not correct ,the 890 wireless box/card will not clear in oscam alone just like that , I would be happy to see proof that it just clears but its not the case ,If its just to use a Linux box in the house without even local sharing to reduce the bill by making your own multiroom setup its not worth the effort to be totally honest whats the point of paying a full sub to watch on a linux box you can get a share from a site member

• If its just to use a Linux box in the house without even local sharing to reduce the bill by making your own multiroom setup its not worth the effort to be totally honest whats the point of paying a full sub to watch on a linux box you can get a share from a site member

Thanks for the frank reply!

To be fair, a local CS is something I'd plan to look at to create a multiroom setup and the offer is better than half price, which is what tempted me...

there is a way newcard paired on new slybox(DRX890W-C) works on oscam & clear all channels :29_002:

I'd picked up on a few comments like this elsewhere, which left me with a small hope that something might be possible - I too would love to hear about it!!

• So one other thought - I inherited a HD box about 2 years ago (work bought one too many and let me have it). It's not a Thimson box - I think it's Amstrad.

Before I cancelled my original Sly subscription I had toyed with the idea of switching to HD and using the box, but never bothered and left it in my loft.

The net result is that the box has never been connected to a satellite dish and will be running older code.

I appreciate the Thomson trick relies on the box not being capable of running firmware that can support the algorithm, but if my box is running older firmware will they enable the pairing in anticipation of it pulling down a firmware update?

On a similar vein, I guess if a customer activated their subscription a couple of years ago running a box, how does Sly update their system to use the new pairing software?

Sorry for the random questions!

• This is not correct ,the 890 wireless box/card will not clear in oscam alone just like that , I would be happy to see proof that it just clears but its not the case

I can back up what pari has stated, he has indeed recently got a New Card and paired to a drx890 and it clears in oscam fine, and another friend of mine has done the same within the last week.

• I can back up what pari has stated, he has indeed recently got a New Card and paired to a drx890 and it clears in oscam fine, and another friend of mine has done the same within the last week.

Sync if what you are saying the new pairing method that has been going on for months is a farce these cards wont initialize in oscam and once in the box wont read in oscam so please explain what the change is ?

• This is not correct ,the 890 wireless box/card will not clear in oscam alone just like that , I would be happy to see proof that it just clears but its not the case ,If its just to use a Linux box in the house without even local sharing to reduce the bill by making your own multiroom setup its not worth the effort to be totally honest whats the point of paying a full sub to watch on a linux box you can get a share from a site member

stevejo actully that guy is right good to see he not discuss about it openly if he did then i am 100% sure sly gona block that way because everyone gona use same and they stop it.

drx890w c paired card work on oscam and clear channels

• stevejo actully that guy is right good to see he not discuss about it openly if he did then i am 100% sure sly gona block that way because everyone gona use same and they stop it.

drx890w c paired card work on oscam and clear channels

syndrome.....good luck

ill try for my self tonight as in the past it did not do this so im wondering what the change has been ?

nthing changes n oscam configs hope you got it soon

• ill try for my self tonight as in the past it did not do this so im wondering what the change has been ?

Don't forget to use the latest version of oscam, and also im not one for making up stories, I will say what I've seen and/or know to be true if anyone does not believe then that's their problem.

• This doesnt work however a good wind up boys maybe think about disabling all your other share first before testing ,this card when its new will not initialize in oscam it will only activate in the original box an is the same pairing issue you will need to provide further info as drx890 will only work in private oscam not as described

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!