Mgcamd and vu+ solo2, please please help me

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,569 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi there guys,

Ive been having problems trying to set up my new vu solo 2 box with an n line
    I will try ouline as much as i can of what i have tryed to help figure out what im doing wrong, all help is greatly appreciated
    Ok. when i bought the box first, i flashed it with blachole 2.0.9.
    I downloaded the mgcamd ipk file for mgcamd 1.38, ftpd it to tmp folder and manually installed the packege, restarted the box and checked that mgcamd 1.38 was coming up in cams which it was, i started 1.38 and went back to file zilla.
    From here i ftpd the newcamd.list file to usr/keys folder as i was instructed, rebooted box and nothing.
    After this i went on to try different ipk packages, 1.35a, 1.35 and 1.38c.
    I then found this tutorial http://www.engren.se/2013/07/1…age-and-mgcamd-made-easy/,
    followed it word for word, which basically involved reflashing the box with blackhole 2.0.4, installing mgcamd 1.35a and entering my n line details through putty.
    this didnt work either!
    if somebody could help me i would really appreciate it,
    maybe suggest compatible links to files which i should use,
    i have been using blackhole but i am open to other suggestions
    do i enter my line into newcamd.list which i have been doing or do i paste it into another file?
    maybe suggest a compatible mg_cfg file, i have tryed a few at this stage,
    three evenings spent at it now and im getting nowhere

• thank you very for the reply master g, i will try that this eve when i get home from work and will post back to let you know :)

just to be sure, will i leave blackhole 2.0.4 on it or will i reflash with 2.0.9?

• hey there master, tried as you instructed but to no avail. set up my usb while i was going through menu and have zero channel now.any idea how that could have happened?
    what would you reccomend to try next?
    the cws line i put in was on three lines where as yours in the newcamd.list file was on one,same layout of information afaik, would this have any impact?

• Official Post

I would try CCcam or oscam next.. These EMU`s have a web interface which will give us a better idea where you are going wrong..

Install the attached file. Convert the CWS= line to an N: line like in the example below..

Code
    [COLOR='#FF0000']CWS= [/COLOR]some.hostname.org 10001 linuxsat support 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

To:

Code
    [COLOR='#FF0000']N:[/COLOR] some.hostname.org 10001 linuxsat support 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

FTP to /etc/ > Open CCcam.cfg and paste in the N lines.. Start CCcam in softcam manager..

Log into the CCcaminfo in your browser like this http://ip.address.of.solo2:16001

Code
    WEBINFO USERNAME :root
    WEBINFO PASSWORD :dreambox
    WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001

Here you should be able to see if the server is active or not..

Try this first, if it doesn`t work we can try oscam instead buddy..

MGCamd Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for MGCamd Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!