Review of the VU+ Uno by linux-tv

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,882 times. The last Post () by profixit.

• Great review, fantastic read. Excellent way to start a bench test. Love you liunx TV.

I've recently bought two Vu+Duo. Got them at a good price. For the same money or less i could of got a Vu+Uno.

Features i miss or maybe not.

More powerful CPU Broadcom BM7413 (does sound a bit faster then a duo, not much. The ultimo has an impressive CPU)

More Ram (512 MB) (Oh Yes, i would like more ram, the Duo's maxed out)

Plug and Play tuner DVB-S2 tuner or DVB-C/T hybrid (not bothered about this, seems a bit pointless)

Option to fit Internal SATA HDD 2.5″ or 3.5″ (really Good idea, wish i could use a 2.5"HDD)

I'm very happy with my Duo's. I'm a twin tuner kinda guy. I would recommend the Uno to friends rather than the Duo. In fact i'll tell my neighbor to get a Uno, Single Tuner is all he needs.

Ive seen a YouTube Video of PIP and it looks and works in the same way as the duo. didn't notice any improvement.

For me a good test of a tuner is it's ability to boot up quick and have a flawless PIP, To me this proves that the hardware is superior.

• Noticed this exact Vu+ Uno on ebay, glad to see it held it's value. was interested in making a bid. Got to rich for my blood. almost sold at RRP. (if you include the carriage)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!