Latest Vix image But cant mount NAS

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,427 times. The last Post () by vwsciroccovw.

• Hi Chaps

Unfortunately i cant seem to ascess my network mount on my new vu+solo2 with the latest vix image installed .

When i click on network browser it finds the storage device but doesnt expand the directory

Have you guys any pointers ?

• Thankyou for your response' I must say this forum is awesome unlike others for quick responses.
    I have enabled samba and restarted the solo2 but its still the same it wont expand my directory

• Just double check in the mount manager in the image that your nas has mounted correctly

blue button on your remote/ViX/mount manager

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I have updated my firmware on my nas and double checked all settings but cannot get the drive to mount .

Has anyone out there installed a image that works well with a vu+solo2 ?

Not sure what else i can try

• I had a similar issue with my book live after I updated to vix Zeus the solo2 could see the my book live in the network but would not let me expand the drive to access the films I had. I just remounted the my book drive a few time and got this message (the drive already exists do you want to mount again) just say yes and ree boot the receiver each time it seemed to work after the third time

• tHANKS FOR YOUR HELP I HAVE TRIED TO REMOUNT ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS WITH NO LUCK,

THE SOLO2 IS FINDING LOTS OF MY DEVICES BUT ONLY EXPANDING 2 OF THEM(I THINK THEY ARE PC'S

SORRY FOR THE CAPS

I had a similar issue with my book live after I updated to vix Zeus the solo2 could see the my book live in the network but would not let me expand the drive to access the films I had. I just remounted the my book drive a few time and got this message (the drive already exists do you want to mount again) just say yes and ree boot the receiver each time it seemed to work after the third time

• im having the same problem on a solo2 running vix zeus,it finds my nas but wont expand the directory,has anyone solved the problem thanks

• Hi all I've just updated to vix Helios build010 and the solo2 will not expand the my book live 2tb drive and it does not show in mount manager. I had a smiler problem with vix Zeus but it seem to mount in the end.
    I have reverted back to vix Zeus build 023 and the drive is working fine.

This is how I normally mount the my book live

Menu, setup, network, network browser, then select my book live expand then select films green button mount.
    Fill in the mount as required then save.

I have worked at this for 2 hours with no joy could this be a driver issue?

• Possibly a driver issue, have you checked in (blue button) vix/mount manager to see if the device is listed? ViX will automount hdd & usb sticks etc...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hi all I've had another go at this all seem to be working fine now using vix Helios build 011

Go to

Menu,Setup,System,Network,Mounts setup,Network Browser,Scan Network

Then select my book live (DO NOT EXPAND)
    Green button Mount Manager
    Add new network mount point
    Mount using FSTAB (mount at boot)
    Active ENABLE
    Local share name MY BOOK LIVE
    Mount type CIFS SHARE
    Server IP ENTER YOUR OWN 192.125.*.*.*
    Server share FILMS (or what ever you have your films/movies folder called)
    Use as hdd replacement NO
    Mount options rw,utf8
    Username Linuxsat
    Password 1234
    Green Save

To check if the mybook live is active press
    Menu,information,devices
    Should be at the bottom Network servers

Or bring up the recordings list then press yellow button (location) and my book live should show and all your movies/films should be working

Hope this helps anyone trying to mount an external drive

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!