Dr.HD D15: subtitles for English channels at 27.5W?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,698 times. The last Post () by Anfortas.

• Hello Dr.HD-community,

I was glad to see that the English channels at 27.5W generally work on my Dr.HD D15.
    But I was really disappointed to realize that there are NO SUBTITLES available.

(At 27.5W subtitles are transmitted, too. And Dreambox-receivers running on Enigma2 can cope with these subtitles after using special scripts by openpli-developers.)

This is definitely a specific problem of Dr.HD D15.
    Is there any solution to this subtitles problem (by using specific PIDs)?

It may well be that the subtitles problem can only be solved by modified firmware.
    Does anyone of you have contact with the developers of the Dr.HD-D15-firmware? If so, it would be great to report this subtitles problem to the development team, and, hopefully, they come up with a solution.

By the way: PID-data of the English channels at 27.5W seems to be somewhat strange:
    Using NDFEdit 1.69 to check data I saw that no teletext PID is registered for the English channels at 27.5W (field "teletext PID" is empty).
    And comparing the Video-PID displayed on the receiver-menu ("menu > Edit channels") and the Video-PID displayed by NDFEdit 1.69 I was surprised to see different values.
    Example: Video PID of "BBC One HD"
    receiver-menu on Dr.HD D15: (0x19C9 =) dec 6601
    NDFEdit: 0x59C9 (= dec 22985)
    (According to "kingofsat" the value 0x19C9 = dec 6601 should be the correct Video PID of "BBD One HD".)
    The P(CR) PID shown on the receiver-menu ("menu > Edit channels") is identical to the PCR PID displayed by NDFEdit 1.69 (e.g. PCR PID of "BBC One HD": 0x59C9 = dec 22985), but this value never seems to be the correct PCR PID (according to kingofsat: e.g. the correct PCR PID of "BBC One HD" is dec 6601 = 0x19C9).

Regards

Anfortas

• Hello Anfortas,
    I have a dm800se and a dr-hd grand triple myself and did the tests you speak of, with the same results.

It looks like all HD channels cannot be decrypted. I use the latest keys, but it simply will not work.
    About the subtitle pids, I haven't dug into it but when it is transmitted to the DVB-T viewers in the UK, are the PIDs re-tagged or do the just pass them through?

I don't see them because I live in Sweden myself.

Regards,
    Nikos

• Hello Nikos,

except for "STV HD" and "UTV HD", all TV- and Radio-channels at 27.5W - as listed on http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-27.5W.php - can be opened by Dr.HD D15. The only real problem are the subtitles for the TV-channels.
    Those channels which may not seem to open are, in fact, data channels like, for example, "BBC Alba" which should not be mistaken for the normal TV-channel "BBC Alba" via Astra2E (28.35E). On the "kingofsat"-site, "data channels" are always marked by a special symbol on the first column on the left. Just take a look at this site: Checking the first column on the left, you will see the difference between TV channels, Radio channels and data channels at first glance.
    On "STV HD" and "UTV HD" at 27.5W there are never any TV-broadcasts, and therefore they should not not be labelled as normal "TV"-channels as the "kingofsat"-site does (by mistake). Other satellite directories like "lyngsat" or "flysat" do not list "STV HD" and "UTV HD".
    (By the way: The channel listed on "kingofsat" as "BBC HD" is in fact "BBC Two HD", which becomes clear when checking the SID.)

I do not know, if the DVB-S2-PIDs are re-tagged or left unchanched when used for DVB-T-purposes in the UK.
    But I do know that on the basis of correct DVB-S2-data (-> descrambled PMT) and valid Control Words (BISS), BBC-Satback-channels at 27.5W can be viewed and recorded along with subtitles. (Scripts by "doublet" for Dreambox-receivers are available in the "openpli"-forum".)

My main concern now is that the development team for Dr.HD firmware actually takes notice of the subtitle problem and that they will do anything about it. But I am afraid that there is not a very good chance of getting any contact.
    The original manufacterer ( http://www.dr-hd.com/ ) does not seem to provide any further support and does not reply to E-Mails, which is a very bad sign ...
    Obviously, current firmware development (patched software) is provided by a Russian team that may have some connection to the Russian "drhd.legion"-board. For this reason, I have also issued an article about the subtitle problem in the English section of the Russian "drhd.legion"-board - hoping that the Russian development team may read my post. But there is also the problem, if the Russian development team has actually access to relevant parts of Dr.HD-D15 source codes to fix the subtitle problem.

Regards

Anfortas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!