vix 3.0.808 vs vix zeus

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,999 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Hi as the title says, I have a vu solo currently running vix 3.0.808 and I was thinking of changing to vix zeus. I understand this will require a full re flash and re setup, my question is that is there any major benefit in updating, thanks in advance for any advice

• there's not much difference on top, its all down to the core. in my opinion, i think zeus is faster, like the updates. they update quicker then vix 3.0. but everything looks the same.
    plus your not going to get anymore updates on 3.0.

• Cheers, thats the main reason im thinking of changing.will the image addons feeds also become outdated if I dont update aswell or could I still update tob newer versions of plugins etc from within the feeds on vix 3.0.808, cheers

• yes the plugin feeds will still work, but any plugin we build our self that requires files from the later libraries included in Zeus will not function on ViX 3.0, nor will the new cams feeds ( although i could be wrong on that one ).

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Really appreciate the replies guys.

if I can ask one more thing, is zeus more memory hungry on the flash memory than 3.0.808 as I currently have plugins that I woukd like to install again but as we all know the vu solo doesn't have much when it comes to flash memory.

• yes the plugin feeds will still work, but any plugin we build our self that requires files from the later libraries included in Zeus will not function on ViX 3.0, nor will the new cams feeds ( although i could be wrong on that one ).

Just to update my earlier post as quoted.

We have now removed the Image feeds for all old no longer supported images, This includes ALL OpenViX 2.xx series images and OpenViX 3.0 series images, so from now on you will no longer be able to access the official OpenViX plugin feeds from these images.

we are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause some users but they were just taking up space in the server, and as we no longer build or support these images we felt it was the rite time to remove the feeds too, before they became a mess full of unsupported plugins etc.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!