Channel lists? Lavatonics blocking receivers outside the Uk Updating Channel lists???

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,867 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• HI

Has anyone got the latest channel list for this receiver?
    It looks like Lavatronics are blocking there update site outside the UK.
    I can access the download site when using a UK proxy site but not without the proxy site.
    I have download the latest software but cannot access the online update for the channel list.

• Just what you come to expect from that lot at Lavatronics. Yet another reason not to buy anything from them.

Its not about sharing and helping out with those lot, its just about money grabbing.

Nano

• Just what you come to expect from that lot at Lavatronics. Yet another reason not to buy anything from them.

Its not about sharing and helping out with those lot, its just about money grabbing.

Nano

I could not agree more.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• You won't unless you email it with a PayPal payment :snicker:

If theres no profit in it for them i doubt they will reply.

I have had a look at their site and i cannot see any channel list update files, There only appears to be a firmware update. Its very short sighted of them not to allow users in Europe to use their download site, still it can only harm their sales so thats a bonus in my eyes.

I have uploaded the latest firmware update dated 14th April if that will help, although i take no responsibility if it doesn't play with your receiver.

Nano

• Oh well, after purchasing my 8140 from Lavatronics and enjoying the online updates etc, it seems they have introduced a new updated model the 8150. Hence they seem to be no longer willing to let their customers keep there 8140's up to date. I was always relying on the channel list updates. Thanks Lavacraptronics.
    Before I purchaed, i read many forum posts warning people what they are like. Oh how I should have took notice. If anyone could point me in the right direction of where I might find future channel lists I would very much appreciate it. Thanks guys

• I had a very unpleasant experience buying from Lavatronics, Threats were made by them when i got PayPal involved after they tried to offload a knackered receiver on me. They deliberately made it difficult for me to get my money back from them. If i hadn't paid by Paypal it would have probably been difficult to get my money back.

If anybody is stupid enough to buy stuff from them after all the warnings they have seen deserve to get burned by them as far as i am concerned.

Nano

Edited 2 times, last by nano ().

• I had a very unpleasant experience buying from Lavatronics, Threats were made by them when i got PayPal involved after they tried to offload a knacker receiver on me. They deliberately made it difficult for me to get my money back from them. If i hadn't paid by Paypal it would have probably been difficult to get my money back.

If anybody is stupid enough to buy stuff from them after all the warnings they have seen deserve to get burned by them as far as i am concerned.

Nano

The sad thing is they are very very good at making promises to potential customers, but like all true con-men once they have your money your pretty much stuffed, and god forbid you try to call them or ask for help on their so called forum.

For me the fact that they removed a bug reporting feature for their ViX clone image because and I quote "we received some bug reports" say all I need to know about their level of customer support.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Yep, this started out as a request for an up to date channel list..... as already posted in this thread, if people haven't learnt their lesson by now regards buying from this outfit then on their own head be it......

Thread closed.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!