i386 net install disc or AMD64

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 583 times. The last Post () by glenviewjf.

• Probably a silly question given wot i'm doing ...... which is
    trying to run debian on a compaq presario AMD athlon xp PC i have inhereted from mother in law after they upgraded ?
    previously i made an i386 disc and used that to run debian from boot screen and all worked fine in a packard bell macine however the compaq does not seem to reconise that disc !
    do i need to download the AMD version from the debian website ? any pointers at this stage would be appreciated aS i'm well out of my depth already ? i would like to se a usb stick this time too if thats easier !

Thanks

Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• downloaded AMD net instal image ! made an iso disc image with Infra recorder ! Working .. .. . . .. . :beauty:

Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!